Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty Re: How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari]

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:51 am

There were several noises, maybe verging on undignified, as Kaminari pressed on those points to loosen up the muscles in his hand. As she released his hand, she seemed to try wave off the offer.
“Why not?” he asked, waiting for her to drag her attention back to him.
“Let me treat you to dinner. Least I could do after ya got my hand out of that bind, and it’d be nice to have a pretty lady hanging on it since present company is opting to sulk instead,” he said, giving a gesture to his Zanpakuto as he sheathed it.

Truth be told, he had been about to drop his insistence when it seemed she wasn’t interested but he was picking up on something else here. He’d also been thinking of offering it as a bribe to maybe keep the exact nature of why he’d come in under the table, but he got the feeling that doing so might make Kaminari take his offer of dinner as out of pity instead of anything else. Instead, he’d hope his luck held and no one noticed anything much about that particular report.

~We trip and stumble only so that we may stand back up...~
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty Re: How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari]

Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:58 am
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS-15
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

“Because I don’t know you,” Kaminari replied, moving over to the sink to wash her hands. As he continued, Kaminari placed her hands on either side of the sink, staring down at the water as it went down the drain. After a moment of thought, she sighed. She saw this going nowhere, and doubted his dedication, so what the hell was wrong with a free meal? Especially since he was insistent.

“Okay, okay… Since you won’t drop it, I could use a nice dinner,” Kaminari said and then rinsed her hands once more, drying them with the provided paper towels. “So… like… when? I guess… What do I wear? I'm not paying...” If he tried to make her pay after pushing so hard for a date, then she was backing out. Rightfully so!

END OF POST
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:39 am

“So think of it as getting to know one another,” Joshua said, honestly expecting another rebuke as Kaminari turned to wash her hands. However, after a few moments she seemed to change her mind. He hadn’t expected as much, but it seemed his luck was turning somewhat.
“Well, I imagine that depends a bit more on you than me. You are the one who seems to have the rather busier schedule I’d wager; when would work best for you? Where and what to wear can be worked out after that I imagine, and seeing as I was the one who insisted, wouldn’t make much sense to make you pay,” Joshua continued, giving Kaminari the space to consider.

“As I said, I do know several fine places for a good meal and even a bit of entertainment. If you had suggestions though, I would be open to hear them,” he added; maybe she had a decent suggestion, or would simply feel more comfortable getting to decide not only the when but the where. Wasn’t like it was a loss either way for Joshua; if she had a suggestion and it turned out good, it just meant another good place to eat.

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:52 am
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS3-15
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari leaned back against the sink, crossing her arms and watching Joshua like she was ready for the punchline. “We could leave now for all I care…” Kaminari said, realizing that might have come off rude. “I mean… Sorry, I mean that I can take any day off. I have enough of them.” Little miss no-life worked so much that when she actually had a reason to take a day off, it was not smart to tell her no…

Kaminari’s arms wrapped around herself further. What did he mean by “fine” places? She didn’t own anything formal or fancy. “I… don’t think those kind of places agree with me…” she said, cheeks red, and looking away from him. “I’m not exactly fancy. A girl like me would fit in better at like… a ramen house?”

END OF POST
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:18 pm

It took Joshua a few moments to parse out what Kaminari meant by her statement, before he let out a small chuckle and waved her concern away.
“I meant more that that I know several places that are of good quality, not necessarily high quality if you catch my meanin’. Which ain’t to nay-say the places quality I suppose; more that I mean that you won’t need no noble writ or the like to get through the door. I mean, do you think I often make it into those kind of fancy establishments?” Joshua asked, giving a grand sweeping gesture over his entire form for emphasis. He had a smile on his face as he did so though.

He considered the time question again. He could probably swing something now, but he felt he had other problems he should address before he attempted to go out for a nice evening with a pretty lady. Especially since he had a petty lady to sit down and try (again) to sort out. Also, there was some paperwork he needed to finish sorting out and people to talk to.

“As much as I’d like to take the rest of the day to play truant, I should take care of a few things. How about tomorrow, dinner. Now that you mention it though, I do know a good ramen house in the World of the Living that might be worth the trip?”

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:32 pm
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS-18
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

"I don’t know; I know nothing about you,” Kaminari said, watching his overdone gesture. She chuckled a little, which came out more like a quick nose exhale. Kaminari shook her head and looked away in an attempt to hide that she found that funny. ‘Okay, so maybe he is cuter than I originally thought… what a goof.’

“I haven’t been to the world of the living in months because of the lockdown…” Kaminari pepped up a bit. A quick glance at his file reminded her he was from the Seventh Division. He could actually get them through. Besides, she also had a bit of control over opening the thing because of her own position. “Sure then… Tomorrow. I’ll be at the Senkaimon around five.” Yes, not seven… Five.

END OF POST
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:02 am

Joshua considered the time she suggested for a moment before bobbing his head, his smile still in place.
“Excellent, that sounds like a plan then! he said cheerily. He considered the room for a few moments before he continued, inquiring if there was anything else Kaminari needed from him. After getting a no, Joshua thanked her for helping take care of this while making sure the conversation continued on without lingering, and then made a polite exit. He had a date to plan, and a certain sword to try and get to talk.

Unfortunately, the second of those tasks would take a little longer.

So instead, on the next day the appointed time arrived. For this part Joshua was there, early in fact. That he was napping on top of the Senkaimon wasn’t exactly important, and once Kaminari arrived he would jump down from above. He dusted himself off before flashing a bright smile to Kaminari. He looked much the same as he did the previous day, but that should not have been much of a surprise; they were going to the World of the Living. He had a gigai prepared for their little jaunt, and his date attire was there instead of here

“Good evening. You all set? Got a gigai and all that, or do we need to make a stop?”

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:58 pm
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PHS-16
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari arrived with a bag in hand. It was all puffed up and filled with things she knew she would need after hopping into a gigai. As she approached, she didn’t see Joshua standing there, so she assumed he would end up ghosting her. She could have, and should have, reached out with her reikaku to sense him near, but her mind was elsewhere, mainly on worry that she just embarrassed herself.

Deep in thought when he jumped down, Kaminari jumped and put a hand over her heart. She didn’t get a chance to scold him since his smile put her at ease pretty quickly. “Yeah…” Kaminari said, patting the bag. “I’ve got what I need.”

END OF POST
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:56 am

Joshua only chuckled a little at Kaminari’s fright, but quickly shuffled the conversation along instead of using the opportunity for teasing.
“Then we’re off!” Joshua declared, turning and stepping towards the gateway. The light spilled out as a black butterfly followed him through said gateway, and he led the way to the World of the Living.
“You had mentioned the ramen stall yesterday, and seemed...adverse to anything too built up, and that reminded me of this little place I came across a few years ago during a patrol. This little place that says it’s been in place and active for more than a hundred years. Regardless of whether that’s true or not, good food,” Joshua said, both filling Kaminari in on where they were going and keeping a conversation rolling in the air.

Once properly in the World of the Living, Joshua donned his gigai. He was dressed in a surprisingly modern clothes, in a dressed-up-yet-casual attire; simple jeans and a t-shirt with a blazer to class things up a little. His hat had somehow made the transfer as well, though it was slightly different to not clash with the clothing in general. He looked around at where the gateway had dropped them before turning to Kaminari both to see what she’d come in and to direct her onward towards the restaurant.

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:00 am
How to explain this...[Joshua/Kaminari] - Page 2 Kaminari_PH3
KAMINARI HATAKEYAMA

Kaminari followed the man through the senkaimon mostly in silence. She seemed much more interested in hearing him talk than talking herself, which could be a hint at shyness or disinterest. Who knew? “As long as the food is good.”

In the world of the living, Kaminari donned her gigai, which was already prepared with clothing, but not with makeup. She forced Josh to look away for a few minutes while she took some time to brighten up her face with some light touches. While she was dressed in a cute, but conservative outfit with a tan skirt, red sweater, a few bracelets and necklaces, and some black stockings. "Okay, I'm ready."

END OF POST
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum