Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Empty Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna]

Sat May 25, 2024 9:37 pm
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] YF4Y6XI

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Vanyel had always told himself, as well as others, that he never would be a good teacher. Even if it was in his most primo of passions, martial arts, he doubted that he'd ever be able to teach someone properly. But, one of the new recruits for Gracen Arms was about to test that. So, he went over the info he had been given in his head. Name, Senna Agawa, Fullbringer, with ancestral connections to Rita in the form of her grandfather.

Trying to follow in his footsteps -- he could respect that. Nevertheless, he sighed, cracking his knuckles and neck as he walked to the door upon hearing someone knock. She was punctual, good. He already had an idea of what she was to learn -- at least for now, especially with the kind of work that they did in particular.

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Empty Re: Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna]

Sun May 26, 2024 6:00 pm
Senna walking into the room she was wearing her training stuff. She was wearing a tank top along with a pair of yoga pants. It was to make it easier for her to move as she would walk in seeing the man. Huh he looked pretty strong, and Rita hadn't told her that he was younger. She was expecting some old wise man but it seems like he can't be a whole lot older than she is. As she would think about it she'd introduce herself.

"You probably already know, but my name is Senna. I'm a new body guard in training trying to follow in my late grandfathers foot steps. thanks for training with me."

She would speak with a little appreciation in her voice. However he could probably tell that she wasn't the more infective person when she's talking. The thing was it was easy for the man to tell she's had a hard life. As she looked at him she realized that he was a very handsome man. Huh she guessed alot of the people who worked for Rita must be attractive.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Thu May 30, 2024 10:26 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

When he opened the door, he was expecting someone a bit younger. From what he could tell, she seemed closer to his age. But, he could also tell that she was a lot more like him than he thought. He had a similar look in his eye when it came to most things in life -- and the apprehension in her voice reminded him of himself when he was younger. Seemed like he needed to have a bit of caution with her. So, gesturing her inside, he closed the door behind her.

"Yeah, no problem. Follow me, backyard. So, what are you wantin' out of this? Weapons, martial arts, sparrin' to get tougher, workout advice? If you're wantin' to be a bodyguard, you're gonna want to be sure you're takin' care of yourself."

Vanyel stretched lightly as he guided the girl outside. He was new to this teaching thing, and he wasn't sure how exactly to go about it -- but, he knew a lot about all sorts of martial arts, as well as all the things that he had mentioned to her. He'd just kinda go with the flow for now -- see what she wanted and how he'd go about that.

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:50 am
Senna would follow the man as she thought about what she wanted out of this training. She wasn't completely certain yet, so she would use the time they're walking to think. She knew what her fullbring was, but physically she was pretty bad off. As she would lock on to what she should work on she'd speak.

"So, I think I should start off with my physical prowess. Like working on getting my physical abilities up. I understand how my fullbring works, so that can wait for a bit."

Still a bit stoic on her words she would tell him what she thought. That's in her mind what she needs to work on. Outside of that she knew she was small, and knew that she wouldn't ever be as physically strong as someone like Vanyel.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:39 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Physical prowess? That was a good place to start -- especially since he didn't really know how Fullbringers worked. Something about Hollow energy and souls of objects, but he didn't know the specifics. Well, maybe he'd be able to probe more info from her. But, right now, he wanted to see just where her physicality was at, to gauge her current level and see if he could discern how long her road of improvement was.

"Well, that's good, 'cuz I don't know how those things work. For now, though, I've got two things in mind. One, gauging your physicality, and two, a martial art that'll be pretty important, regardless of how physically strong or weak you might be."

Opening a sliding door, Vanyel stepped out into a rather humbly-sized backyard, notably empty, with fencing around the perimeter. He stepped out onto the grass, stretching as he turned back to look at Senna.

"Alright, let's see what you got. Come at me, don't worry about injuries. Just, nothin' fatal, and nothin' below the belt."

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:15 am
Senna would sigh as she really doesn't no anything. She wasn't really trained in hand to hand outside of the basics. Her physical stature also wasn't really there, so she didn't even have that going for her. However, she could surely try. Deciding on what she should do she would settle on using bringers light. It wasn't the best and she didn't think she was the fastest but it was probably her most useful technique.

"I know some basics, but that's about it when it comes to hand to hand."

With a flicker of greenish light she would disappear and use her equivalent of flash step to throw a punch directly at Vanyels center. Aiming for knocking the breath out of him as when you don't have the physical advantage you need to fight smarter. So she was going for the diaphragm.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:57 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Basics wasn't a bad thing, she had least had some knowledge of fighting, that was better than others. He still wasn't sure how well he'd fair as a teacher in this regard, but, he still wanted to at least give it a shot. So, as Senna shot forward in a flash, Vanyel was quick to bring his hand up in defense, the limb jerking back slightly as the punch collided.

"Not bad. Decent form, good power behind it, and good aim. Trying to knock the air outta me was a good call, especially if you end up dealing with Arrancar, Quincy, or Shinigami in the future."

He moved his hand to his chin, humming softly as he took a moment to think. If that was how she opened up her fights, it wasn't a bad strategy. If she worked on that quick first step, she could take a lot of people by surprise if they weren't paying attention. Combined with what he had planned to teach her...

"Right now, I'd say you're about at the higher end of what regular humans can achieve. Don't get me wrong, that's nothing to sneeze at, especially for someone so young. But, you can still do better."

Vanyel took a couple steps back, before sliding into a stance similar to the typical horse stance in martial arts, a hand held in front with a sideways protruding elbow, and wide footwork.

"Copy what I'm doin' here. This is pretty typical posture for what I'm going to start teachin' you, Bājíquán."

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:15 am
Senna would take the stance as she would tilt her head at him. Waiting to see if this stance was correct, but if it wasn't she would take any criticism he had. This was different than learning from Akira. She could tell that he had alot more experience in fighting. Or at the very least it seemed like he did.

"Like this?"

She would ask as she would wait to be instructed more. She wasn't fully sure if she was doing it right, but she hoped she was. She didn't want her progress to be slow, but she was aware that sometimes it takes time to get stuff done and seeing as she only knows the basics then it's probably going to be awhile.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:09 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Vanyel looked her up and down, before stepping forward and adjusting her stance a bit, pressing on her shoulders slightly to let her crouch down a bit more, adjusting the position of her arm to make it a bit straighter, and gently tapping her shoe with his foot.

"Let your feet spread out a bit more. The goal of the footwork is be similar to the horse stance, wide and stable, and keep a low center of gravity. This is also gonna help build up strength in your legs and back, since, again, the first goal is to improve on your stability."

Vanyel took several steps back, going further than he had been initially, before assuming the stance himself. Putting pressure on his foot, he suddenly lunged forward with a powerful charge, closing the gap with little issue, suddenly halting, with his elbow extended.

"Strengthening your lower body will help a lot of different aspects of Bājíquán, especially the zhenjiao, the charging step. You could even throw in that movement power you showed me to give an even quicker step, in distance and start-up. Overall, Bājíquán is a linear style about explosive force, focusing on that linear movement to get in fast, forcibly open up an opponent's guard to an attack, and dish out quick, but really strong blows."

Vanyel took a deep breath as he returned to regular posture. One step at a time, he thought. He wasn't sure how effective he was being as a teacher -- he was really just spouting off what he knew about the style, demonstrating, and hoping that she got it. It was how he learned when he was a kid, and not dissimilar to how he learned later in life.

"For now, we'll focus on the lower body. Once you've got the charging step down, we'll start mixing other things in there."

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:12 am
Senna would try to do what Vanyel was demonstrating. Wanting to get the most out of what he was teaching her as she did so. She wasn't the best at it, but she was somewhat mimicking what he had shown her. She was definitely pulling it off better than some people, but no where good as Vanyel. However, Senna was aware that it takes time to grow in this way. So she was very patient with herself. There was no point in being angry at herself for not being perfect at something that she had just learned how to do.

"Like this?"

She would ask as she wanted more pointers on if she was doing it correctly. She thought that Vanyel was doing a good job explaining, but she wasn't sure if she was doing good using the information that he provided.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum