Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna]

Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:18 pm
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 YF4Y6XI

VANYEL XIAOYANG

As Senna went to mimic his stance and the charging step, Vanyel took a few steps back to get some distance, though he made sure not to go too far. A hand rose to his chin as he watched -- it wasn't a terrible first attempt. She had decent distance, but, there were some problems he wanted to make sure she fixed before anything else. That was, after all, part of the process for learning martial arts.

"Not bad, but you need to be quicker and more firm in the step after shifting your weight. It's sort of like...a really quick, but low-reaching leap."

Moving to stand beside her, he took the stance he had before, with one foot behind, on in front, his waist and the rest of his body turned to face in front of Senna. Quickly, his back leg lifted, moving forward as his body hunched down slightly, and when his legs nearly intersected, he pressed down with the front, surging forward with a powerful leap. Utilizing the momentum of the charging step, Vanyel followed-up on this movement with a swift, high-reaching elbow strike.

"Shift your weight quickly and decisively, then use that weight and momentum to keep going and carry you even further. Try thinking about it like you do with your movement power, if that helps. Remember, the goal isn't just to get the step down, we're also trying to stabilize and strengthen your lower body."

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Empty Re: Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna]

Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:41 am
Senna would take the stance again and would try to do what Vanyel had displayed. Except the one issue is that it was harder to do than it had appeared. As she would lunge forward she would find herself falling forward landing on her chest and hands. The way she landed looked like it would hurt but she wasn't going to let that deter her. Pushing herself back up she would do it again.

This time however she would try to focus on the speed of it as opposed to the striking force. As she would lunge forward. This time rather quickly but not alot of power behind it. However she managed to do so without falling so she would take a deep breath as she would enter the stance once more. Speaking to Vanyel she would wonder about something..Did he have a master in the past, or did he figure this all out on his own?

"Vanyel, did you have a master in the past? Or are you just some natural prodigy?"

She would ask as she was genuinely curious. While he was answering the question she would perform the action a third time..This time getting as much forvr as she could as well as trying to keep her speed up. Sje almost fell as she would let out an exaggerated sigh. Getting back into position she would go for one more. This attempt being her best yet! As she was rather fast, had force behind it, and she didn't fall.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:07 pm
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 YF4Y6XI

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Every time that she ended up missing the mark, Vanyel would repeat the demonstration for her, to ensure that she had a fresh picture of it in her mind. Slowly, but surely, he could see the improvements, and a smile started to break out on his face. Sure, it wasn't the most difficult move, but it was still challenging for people who weren't already involved in martial arts.

Even in this short time, he could see that her balance and lower body strength was getting better, which was good. She needed to have a solid foundation and be ready not to hesitate when it came to the rest of the style. But, then she started probing about his past, causing the smile to switch to a look of bewilderment.

"Uh, kinda...both. I've been practicing martial arts basically ever since I could walk. My mom was my teacher for a long while, but...then I became my own teacher. I learn quick, so, I ended up reading and practicing a bunch of other martial arts throughout my life. I still do that to this day, really."

He sure hadn't talked about this with much of anyone. He was more surprised that she even wanted to know about him. But, for the first time in a while, he felt genuinely flustered. The former yakuza slowly reached up to rub the back of his neck, a hand fidgeting at his waist.

"There aren't really a whole lot of martial arts that I don't know, and even if there are, at this point, I could probably take a brief look and start using them pretty well. Hell, I've even made my own styles based on what I've learned throughout my life.""

Despite the rather lengthy answer, it still didn't take his focus away from monitoring her progress, and as he went through the demonstration again, he turned to face her, taking the initial stance he started with.

"The key to martial arts is confidence in yourself. You can't spend time thinking if you're going to do it right, you need to go through the motion and have absolute faith that you're going to pull it off. You can't hesitate, because if you do, even for a second, your balance will be thrown off, and your technique's effectiveness will absolutely fuckin' plummet."

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wax On, Wax Off [Vanyel, Senna] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:07 am
Quite the chatty one when he's prodded to answer a question isn't he? Kinda cute he was willing to tell his student about his past, but she wouldn't tease him about that. Had this been a few years prior? She probably would have teased him until his face turned red and maybe even past that. However that's just not the person she is anymore. As she listened to the last bit she would realize something.

"Thanks for sharing that with me."

Senna isn't the type of person to turn her brain off in anything that she does. She maybe end up having problems because she always over thinks things. to a negative degree as she would watch him. However she would take a deep breath before she would attempt to use the stance while not thinking. clearing her mind she would practice the movements he had shown her, and like he had said, what she was doing was much more effective.

However one problem was within 20-30 seconds the technique would get worse as she thought about how to improve it. It was an obvious change in the technique as she would sigh. Realizing what had happened she would stop for a moment as she would tell him.

"Turning my brain off like that is incredibly difficult."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum