Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Left_bar_bleue7380/100This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Empty This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu]

Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:51 pm
UNOHANA RETSU | BLOODLETTER

Retsu had arrived at the 2nd Division shortly after the conclusion of her fight with the armored Hollow. She did not "steal" any patients already there—except for one whose doctor fainted from exhaustion. Even when Rukia Kuchiki had gone off to what was very likely a Captains' Meeting, she did not take charge despite her natural instincts. She was an outsider still. There was an exception. If you offered your assistance to her patients? You were then under her command for the duration she needed you.

That had been hours ago. Working well into the night and into the following morning, Retsu had taken a few breaks if only to eat pre-packaged nutritional bars. They were similar to the Spirit Fortification Pills she still used, but they came in better flavors. With support staff from the Shin'ō-Seiyakuin now also assisting when needed, Retsu had time to time to check the stability of some of the worst-off patients. Rose Otoribashi, perhaps one of the few she recognized here, was still comatose. Whether it was medically-induced at this point or a natural result of his injuries was anyone's guess.

No Lieutenants remained in the hospital. That left seated officers, and Retsu had heard of one in particular whose injuries were severe. Somehow, she was even conscious. Retsu grabbed the chart outside of the room and walked in while reading initial notes. How she was even alive was a testament to whoever stabilized her. "Eighth Division, Third Seat Noharu Asahina." Her voice was as tired as she looked. Even the woman whose only change had been her haircut in a thousand years couldn't help but to have the faint hints of bags under her eyes. "You seem to have had a worse day than most survivors or even some of the recently-departed. I would ask how you feel, but I think we can skip what will be an obvious answer." Retsu only now looked over the clipboard. "Though, I suppose I should confirm—with the damage to your lungs, are you capable of speaking?"

Hope is a Disease

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Left_bar_bleue0/0This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Empty Re: This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu]

Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:11 pm
This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] 345xcexkzv7

Noharu didn't really know who to expect to roll into her room. Certainly she'd gotten a fair number of visitors, most of them pretty astounded. Some by the sheer extent of her injuries, others by the fact that she was capable of moving around in small bursts, so long as she didn't mind panting for a few minutes. Her Seated Ranma had popped not long before, and she was still a little exhausted just from that conversation.

But even so, when she let her eyes creak open and she spotted the rather famous woman looking over her chart, a lopsided smile played across her lips and she gave a very quiet chuckle as the question was offered to her. "Try and fuckin stop me." She chuckled softly, a very audible wheeze in her voice as she managed to peel herself up and promptly sat herself up in her bed, She almost looked fine, were it not for the array of little divots that had rotted out of her skin. The majority of them had been treated, leaving smooth little divots in her flesh, but well, there were still bandages over her hip, and her left arm was mostly missing just past the elbow. Who knew what her lungs looked like.

"Miss Unohana. Howzit goin? You here for the pain meds too? Heheheh." She snickered, gesturing to her morphine drip and the little button she had. It was primed, indicating that she had a dose available, but hadn't used it.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Left_bar_bleue7380/100This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sun Oct 13, 2024 3:44 am

Others might have laughed. Retsu did not. Instead she raised an eyebrow—a call to her challenge. If anyone could stop Noharu from talking, it would be her. But, it was a better sign than she was expecting. What Retsu saw was worse than the chart described. She had eaten cheese with less holes than Noharu. Even patched up and healed mostly, the evidence was there. But even that was secondary. A missing limb was no shock. It did, however, always seem off to see what was clearly a void where a chunk of body should be. Noharu's waist was no exception.

"If quips and snark were medicine, I believe I would have no need to be here for you would be dancing down the halls." Retsu stopped focusing on the chart entirely. Her voice was tired, but perhaps a bit less empty than it would have been the week prior. She had been brought back to thinking about long-forgotten topics thanks to visits from unforeseen encounters. And that wasn't even talking about the fight she walked out of. "You seem to be in better spirits than others despite not partaking in the pain medication." In some ways, she reminded Retsu of those like Ikkaku Madarame—quite a lot of bluster with no backing down.

But Retsu was there for a reason, and it wasn't to quip back and forth. "Can you describe the attack that caused these injuries? The injuries seem similar to those inflicted by a Hollow's Acidic Touch—but your case is certainly among the worst I have witnessed, let alone treated."
Hope is a Disease

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Left_bar_bleue0/0This Isn't Lupus [Noharu/Retsu] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Oct 13, 2024 5:15 pm

Noharu shrugged her shoulders lightly as the woman made the little comment, and the observation in regards to her energy brought a very brief snort from her nostrils as she closed her eyes. "Yea well this aint my first kick in the tits. You shoulda seen.... me in the demons first rolled in. Heheh. Not ... as much body damage. But they had shit that really .... made ya hurt." she noted calmly, taking a moment now and then to catch her breath as she spoke to the ex captain. "M'Sure you remember, Captain." She added. Not that Unohana would remember her anyways. She wasn't nearly as strong back then, but she sure remembered them.

"Some kinda dust. Anything it touched rotted. S'you can see how well it's been healing." She noted with a sarcastic little half smirk to the little divots taken out of her flesh. "A Cero seemed to have the stuff infused in it. I got clipped moving some allies in close enough to cave the thing's head in. Unfortunately breathed in some of the stuff too. Flesh turned black and just sloughed off. Actually didn't get hit this bad, but well. I shaved off the parts that had started rotting with my zanpaku'to. Rather than risk dying to the shit."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Yesterday at 6:52 pm

This woman would have thrived in the old 11th Division under one of the later Kenpachis. Her baudiness would have been welcome—encouraged even. But under her 11th Division? There was a certain level of disrespect that would not have been tolerated. This wasn't even counting the 4th Division... Retsu shook her head. She did not remember Noharu specifically. Even the past few years felt like a haze currently. Mental fatigue and stress did affect one's memory.

Retsu listened intently as Noharu described the attack. This dust seemed to be the primary culprit, but what it actually did... Well, she wasn't quite sure what exactly was being described. "Likely not an acid then. It would not have rotted away. That sounds like a high-speed induction of necrosis..." Retsu thought for a moment. The symptoms reminded her of something else. "Perhaps it was similar to the attacks of one of the Espada—a weaker version since that attack reportedly caused immediate rotting."

"Removing the afflicted areas is likely the only thing that saved your life." She placed the chart on a stand and turned to Noharu. She interlaced her fingers and let her hands rest in front of her. "Not to disparage the 2nd Division's healing capabilities, but I would like to try to examine and attempt to heal those 'divoted' areas. If nothing else, it may provide insight into the attack's properties that can be used to heal others affected—as well as your other injuries. If you have no objections, I would like to begin this as soon as possible."
Hope is a Disease

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Yesterday at 8:07 pm

Oh she knew that fuckin look~ That smirk of hers widened. In regular circumstances, and frankly probably later, shed appologize to the woman or some this. Or maybe she wouldn't. Who fucking new, that was thoughts for future Noharu who wasn't in excruciating pain. For the time being, she simply studied the woman who was studying her. Lot moreeeeeeeee droopy than she remembered her back in the day. Who knew what had happened since the demons. Probably nothing good. Word was she had been working with the nobles. Certainly an interesting choice or career change.

"Lucky me~" She smirked a bit to herself before laying her head back and raising the one hand she had to gesture around herself. "I got nothing else.... I'm gonna be doing. You wanna take a crack at me feel free. I'm not gonna bite." She noted as she closed her eyes and sighed, keeping her sentences short to not wind herself. She normally would ask what exactly this investigation was going to entail. What she should expect. If she aughta tap that morphine button, or if it would interfere with the inspection. But well, she figured the lovely healer would just inform her of that.

Or she wouldnt and she'd be in for a surprise.
Who knew.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum