Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheLizardBoy
TheLizardBoy
Starter Member

First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 Empty Re: First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ]

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:25 pm

"That would be wonderful, I'd love that!" June responded, offering a few more tentative bows in thanks, so much relief just rolling off of his shoulders after this chance encounter. His reluctance and nerves were being turned into excitement by the second. It wasn't until she started talking about her own Zanpakuto and the difficulties she was facing that he felt a true sense of belonging, some semblance of someone empathizing with issues he himself was struggling with. Up until now he had felt like a failure of a shinigami, one of the cornerstones of their entire being is their reflection in their blade. He not only felt lost when it came to his sword spirit, but opposed, butting heads even. His eyes seemed to light up as he listened to her talk, glancing down to her sheathed blade then to his own hanging at his hip.

"That's funny... I completely understand the feeling. So far this whole Zanpakuto thing has proven to be quite difficult.." He chose his words carefully, feigning a grin but inevitably letting out a sigh. "I'm not sure I'll ever learn its name at this point.. or if its even worth it..." He mumbled, immediately feeling some tinge of regret or sacrilege from even uttering those words as a shinigami. It was embarrassing, to say the least, but it was nice to know that he wasn't the only one struggling with it. Even if his journey was still unique in its hardships, he found solace in knowing others struggled along their own paths same as him.

First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 QKPkSTJ
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 Empty Re: First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ]

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:59 am
First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 VTEZeJL
ERICA TOLVAN

“It’s not an easy feat by any stretch and honestly I think that anyone who says otherwise is boasting just a touch.” Erica answered with a gentle smile. “The number of Shinigami who even manage to master is rather low as far as I know so don’t feel too bad that you haven’t just yet. Keep trying to communicate with your blade and when the time is right, it’ll talk to you. Besides, there are other arts that we can delve into as well and perhaps that is where your true strength lies? Kido is definitely mine and I confess that I enjoy any time I can spend developing my techniques.”

As they continued to tour the place, she’d ask. “How is your Kido, by the way? I imagine that you must be skilled if you decided to join the 2nd.”

NATURE LOVER | END POST

TheLizardBoy
TheLizardBoy
Starter Member

Yesterday at 10:03 pm

June let out a relieved sigh as Erica sympathized with the strife that came with building a relationship with one's Zanpakuto, nodding at the encouragement with another sheepish grin. "I will definitely keep trying, Erica, thank you for the kind words." Even as he spoke, he knew he didn't believe the words parting from his lips, another tinge of pain building in his chest as his heart started thumping. Every beat reminded him of those war drums that hammered his head whenever his inner spirit fought for attention. Junichiro's grin slowly turned into more of gritting teeth as he tried his best to keep himself together.

It wasn't until she had brought up Kido that everything else seemed to fall away, his eyes lighting up, nodding his head alittle more enthusiastically. "Ah yes, Kido is definitely a budding passion of mine. It is like art come to life, brush strokes of power that can paint the world around you. I find it as beautiful as it is powerful. I graduated top of my class at the Academy for Kido, one of the only saving graces it seemed. I was not exactly too keen on Zanjutsu and Hakuda..." He admitted, less so with shame, and more so with careful probing as not to offend someone he wanted to desperately to be friends with. Personally, he thought it was brutish and bloodthirsty work, the blade and the fists, and the people that relished it gave him the creepy crawlies. But as much as he didn't want to admit it, he knew he was in the minority with those opinions. It was hard to look down on swordsmen when you are indoctrinating yourself into their camp. It would all be a learning curve, some things were just harder to grapple with. Literally and figuratively.

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Today at 11:41 am
First Impressions [Junichiro / Erica ] - Page 2 VTEZeJL
ERICA TOLVAN

“I actually had pretty much the same viewpoint of both those arts when I joined too.” Erica admitted. “Kido was where I shined, especially the healing arts and it was my desire to heal that brought me to the academy in the first place. My mother was a healer back in the day and even now she makes healing salves and potions to help those who live in the Rukongai. I wasn’t particularly good with either Zanjutsu and Hakuda in the academy, mostly due to my pacifism but I’ve come to learn that sometimes Kido can’t save us and we need a back up plan.”

As they had a look around the barracks as part of the tour, she’d ponder for a moment and add. “You know. There’s a woman out in the Rukongai who believes that Kido is art, just as you do. She taught my boyfriend a spell or two and he came back gushing about how she spoke about its creativity and just how beautiful it is.”

NATURE LOVER | END POST

TheLizardBoy
TheLizardBoy
Starter Member

Today at 11:51 am

"Seems to be your calling then Erica, wonderful you've found your home here." June chimed in response, hearing this woman talk about finding her place here where she was able to practice her talents and passions. He himself was fairly comfortable in the Kaido as much as he was the other forms of Kido, finding little difficulty with his studies in the academy. But he was sure the little bit of skill that he had claimed would pale in comparison to the masters that walked these halls. Instead of spurning a sense of overwhelming or dejectedness, it simply stirred passion in his core. Study from the masters, learn from the experts, he couldn't wait. As they made their way through the barracks, he almost couldn't take it all in, he was distracted by nearly everything along the way. Bright faces, glowing hands, these elegant halls were feeling more and more like home by the passing moment.

His ears perked up at the description of a fellow artist, eyes glittering as his full attention was on Erica as she described her encounter. "Really...? I'd love to meet her, she sounds lovely. There have been few things that truly hold the same beauty of some Kido spells. Light that pushes back the darkness, yknow?"

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum