Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Left_bar_bleue0/0The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Empty The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)

Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:30 am
It had been an adventurous time since she had gotten back to the city. She knew that she wanted to continue her training but had been called to do a mission before she was comfortable putting the glove on. However she had texted one of the friendly blondes she knew to meet her at the training spot. Stella was wearing her mother's old outfit she wore when she was working as a quincy primarily.

The outfit included a white jacket that she had zipped up with a blue trim, a hat with the same color scheme along with a skirt of the same color. One thing that would surely stick out though was the fact she had a blue and white glove on that covered her entire forearm. she sat quietly on one of the benches as she waited on Solomon to show up.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Left_bar_bleue0/0The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Empty Re: The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)

Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:06 am
The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  JldLRzK

SOLOMON RICHTER | THE ONCOMING STORM

Solomon would never turn down a request from Stella. He had made that much clear since they'd grown closer as genuine friends. Whenever she called, he would certainly answer when time afforded him such leisure. And today, of course, was no different. It was one of the perks of being a mere footsoldier, in comparison to a coordinator or a director, but that didn't mean his time wasn't filled with missions, either.

Beyond grueling training and studying the Quincy arts, he was still conducting his work with Valerie in Africa. Additionally, any time the division of stars called upon him, he was there. In other words, his days were anything but free. At any rate, that was neither here nor there. He was free now, and that was the only thing that mattered to him currently.

A firm stride to their destination, and he found himself rendered speechless by her new outfit. It wasn't the common overalls or favorite set of casual clothes, but a genuine Vandenreich uniform. For a moment, his azure gaze looked on dumbfounded until he shook his head, coughing softly as he greeted Stella with a wave.

"Now, isn't this a sight? I hardly expected to see you wearing a Vandenreich uniform and Leidan Hant. It appears that I've missed quite a lot since you've been away, Stella. How have you been?"

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)  Empty Re: The Glove goes on (Stella/Solomon)

Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:28 am
"I've been doing well. I felt alot better going to see my family back in Germany."

As she would stand up from her bench as she would look down to the glove. It wouldn't have killed her mother to give her tips or tell her how she should start training with the glove. But alas her mother didn't teach her any tricks of the trade, so she was a little confused as to what she is supposed to do with it. She would look over to the blonde again as she had pure determination in her eyes.

"Solomon, how do I actually do training with this glove? I don't entirely know."

She would admit as she was comfortable admitting her shortcomings to people who offered to show her how things are. Obviously she wouldn't go announcing she isn't sure how the glove works to hollows or enemies or anything like that. The red head could be a little silly from time to time, but she was far from stupid.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:11 am

"Good, good. Reuniting with family compared to the constant sea of new faces must be invigorating I imagine."

Solomon chuckled softly at his comment. Apart from his father, he was long overdue to visit his sisters. After all, he was curious to see how they were spending their days if they weren't a part of the Vandenreich. Were they spending time with his mother in Greece? Or were they visiting his father in Germany?

His focus was drawn back to reality as Stella followed up with a question concerning her Leiden Hant. For a moment, he wondered why she was given such an item if no one bothered to teach her the base mechanics, but he was a patient soul, and he had little issue assisting her on the matter, anyway. Pointing to his hand, Solomon begins his explanation.

"Quite simply, that glove is a Leiden Hant. For any Quincy who wishes to grow stronger and climb toward greater heights of power, they use the Leiden Hant to improve their control over reishi - and by extension - their spirit weapon by repelling reishi. When a Quincy equips the glove, any reishi they could utilize or employ naturally is repelled."

Solomon would clench his fist as he continued his explanation.

"During this process, their next step is forming their spirit weapon which has now become an immense undertaking. Since the glove is repelling reishi, it becomes a test of willpower and dedication as the user is tasked with summoning their spirit weapon and executing as many attacks as they can all while they maintain control over their spirit weapon.

Solomon's gaze traveled toward Stella's Leiden hant as he finished explaining its importance.

"In other words, it is a harsh endurance training that will test one's mettle as a Quincy, but that doesn't mean it is without its benefits should they succeed. After my training, I was able to learn Letz Stil."

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:41 am
Stella would listen intensively to the quincy in front of her nerding out about the glove as she looked down at it. One of the parting things her mother did tell her was once it goes on she can't take it off til the training Is over. Which now hearing what it is made her glad that she waited until after the mission to do this. She may have been in a bad spot were she to have put it on immediately.

"Huh, so I guess I should try to form my axe right?"

She would question as she would look down at her hand. Trying to focus on forming her axe as the reishi was gathering in her right hand, but just as quickly as it gathered it dispersed. Not only that, but she had also gathered a very small amount compared to what she normally could do fairly quickly. As she would attempt to do so again no dice.

"Any tips for me?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:38 pm

"My one recommendation to you - since this is all relatively new for someone of your level - is to go at a reasonable pace. There is no need to stretch yourself thin. Pace yourself. Learn from those with proper experience since this is a somewhat archaic principle. Seeking instruction from someone like Johann, for example, might be the place to start."

He wasn't exactly sure there was any immediate need for her to push herself too hard, but he also visibly acknowledged that she would have to train and utilize it to some degree considering it couldn't be removed now. As it stood, there wasn't any particular tip he could offer that would expedite an overwhelmingly strenuous process. Pacing herself was the only reasonable advice he could give her without overseeing her training.

"When I underwent Leiden Hant training, I often controlled the intervals of reishi to test myself, increasing the level day by day. One day I would start small, and slowly but surely increase my pace. Additionally, I sparred with members of my family, testing how well I could maintain my spirit weapon. I don't know if that works well for everyone, but it certainly helped me when I was growing up."

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:26 am
Stella would look at him as she listened to what he had said. However Stella being the way she is would promptly forget the don't push yourself too hard thing, but the rest she did hear of course. As she thought about it she wondered how long it would take her to do this. It was hard to believe that her mother had went through a similar training in her youth, and a part of her was shocked. As she would take a deep breath attempting to gather energy in the hand that the glove was on. She would pull some energy close and then it would disperse.

"Well, the issue that could potentially come if I don't hurry up is getting sent on a mission. What use am I without my axe?"

She would ask as she would once more attempt to gather energy in her hand. She would hold a small ball of reishi but as she tried to manipulate it, the energy would shoot off in different directions. Dispersing once more as stella sighed. Seem like this was going to be alot of time dedicated to doing this. The Glove also somewhat hurt her hand.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:29 am

"In such events, I would advise avoiding going out on such missions altogether. Of course, I imagine, barring some unique event, that you won't be going at it alone and you'll have others to fight alongside you."

Solomon would have never advised her to equip the glove to begin with. At least not immediately so. It impeded one's ability to consume and utilize reishi, compromising their ability to form a spirit weapon. From his point of view, he could already notice how discomforting this process would be for her. He regrettably wished she could've approached him sooner. All he could do now was support her as he always did. Patting her softly on the shoulders, he shook his head.

"There is more to a Quincy's arsenal than their spirit weapon. We've only ever trained with our weapons... but much like soul reapers have kido, we possess the ability to access arcane abilities of our own in the form of Gebet. Whether through rituals or weaving words into existence, it's a useful skill any quincy ought to learn. Have you seen any of your peers utilize it before?"

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:07 am
Stella knew about quincy spells. She's used them before, but it was something that she didn't think she herself was very good at. She could only use the first 2 and it felt unnatural for her to do so. However, they were useful and admittedly Sfella needed to get over her own mind about using them. Realistically she was fine at using those Two, but she wasn't as comfortable finding the situations where they would actually be helpful. She didn't want to waste energy if she didn't have to.

"I know about them, and I can even use the grade 1 spells. I'm just horrible and trying to find the right situations to use them. They take energy, so a wasted one of those is a waste of energy, ya know?"

Stella would continue trying to summon the weapon but everytime the energy gathered in her hands the reishi would shatter and shoot away from her. Not being able to form her weapon yet she would let out s frustrated huff. She knew the training was going to be hard, but Stella was somewhat proud of how far she's came in her normal training. Seems like her natural talent for physical stuff wasn't going to carry her like it had in the past.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:40 am

"Maybe so, but as the timeless saying goes, practice makes perfect. Refining and practicing with any technique as a Quincy is overwhelmingly important. In any battle, it never hurts to go in well-equipped. Don't judge yourself so harshly."

Solomon was aware of her current demeanor, the visible disappointment rising to the surface. He didn't quite know her background to any meaningful extent. She never spoke at length about her history. Even now, he wondered who allowed her to wear the glove advising her on the potential risks.

By and large, it was not a beginner's glove. It was reserved purely for those who had refined and studied their technique to a degree that might allow them to excel. To tell someone who was still in the process of her own learning curve seemed somewhat... harsh. Since it was not his place to judge, he simply shook his head.

"Don't discredit yourself too much. It might not be ideal now, but the potential that comes with patience and discovering different abilities can be quite exhilarating. Once you move past that phase, everything feels like a breeze in comparison."

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum