Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana]

Sun May 26, 2024 7:54 pm
Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Hana_PostingHeader21
Enter: Hana Aoyama

Hana nodded in agreement. Starting off more basic will give her time to warm up and remember what little her body learned over the last couple of weeks. She wasn’t sure about Rei’s skill. For all Hana knew, this woman was the level of a Lieutenant. Hana took a moment to use her reikaku. Rei did seem closer to her in reiryoku reserves than she thought. Maybe they were closer in skill?

Hana let Rei make the first move. Hana’s stance was fundamental, but loose and ready. As Rei’s sword came down, she was able to bring her own wooden blade up. The crack of would rang out as the weapons collided. Hana then stepped to her own left and swung her blade toward Rei’s side, a surprisingly precise, but basic swing that most Shinigami could deal with right out of the Academy.

End Post
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Empty Re: Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana]

Sun May 26, 2024 10:17 pm
Rei would block the swipe as she would step Into the hole that may have been created. It seems they were pretty close to equal in the most of their categories so this training should be good for both of them. Rei would swing the blade towards her left rib where the woman may have a harder time blocking.

"Seems like we may be closer in strength. Are you still pretty new to?"

Rei would ask as she was curious. She hasn't been in the gotei for all that long relatively. She's come quite the ways considering she was struggling a bit through the academy. Some of the more academic things causes Rei to have a lot of trouble. It seems like she had gotten over that though. Now days she actually does enjoy practicing her kido and reading pretty much anything.
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed May 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Hana would have had a harder time blocking, but she didn’t try to block. Instead, she dodged. A quick-step backwards, Hana moved out of the way of the wooden sword, the tip of the blade barely missing her by less than an inch. Hana could have sword she felt the air movement from Rei’s swing too. Taking a breath, she lowered her sword to relax and smiled. “I am uncertain whether I would be considered new. I am going on my second year in the Gotei. What about you?”

End Post
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Checking the Eighth [Rei/Hana] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu May 30, 2024 4:29 pm
"About the same. I wandered the Rukongai for a very long time, so I finally got the courage and drive to make it here."

She'd share the smile as she would move forward taking another swipe at the woman. this time aimed at her ribcage as she would lighten up her swing. She wanted to see how she would do blocking this swing. She wanted to make sure that she isn't doing too much to her, and she was trying to gauge how hard she was able to go in this little match.
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 31, 2024 3:39 pm

Having a conversation while trying to concentrate on swinging, dodging, and blocking was a new thing for Hana. She wasn’t doing bad, but any time she tried talking, it became clear she had a little difficulty doing both. In fact, as Rei’s swing came in, she tried to speak up and was struck in the ribcage with little chance of defending correctly. “Ow,” Hana sucked air in through her teeth, hissing at the pain.

"Sorry, I do not normally converse while sparring. I would like to learn to concentrate on both; it may improve my concentration in battles." Hana took her stance again and then moved forward to continue the spare. She brought her sword downward from a two hand strike, mimicking Rei's first attack when they started. "I was born a noble and only visited the inner districts, but that was rare. My family preferred I stay within the gates of our manor. They feared I would be kidnapped. I enrolled in the academy when they tried forcing an arranged marriage. They gave me an ultimatum: die a soldier or live a princess. You should have witnessed their shock when they found my choice was not what they expected of me."

End Post
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:09 am
Rei would feel a little bad for hitting the woman when she didn't seem ready for the attack. So she would attempt to block the second swing as she would listen to what the woman said. She felt a little bad cause she has assumed that most of the royal families had it much easier, but an arranged marriage seems so old timey. Guess that makes sense for the Soul Society. As she would smile gently to her she'd speak..

"Well, if it's any consolation I'm glad you chose being a shinigami. I've never been in a situation like that, so I can't imagine what it would be like."

She did truly appreciate the fact the woman had stood for herself. She was always glad when something like that happene, and even though it just met Rei grew alot of respect for Hana.
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:20 pm

A couple of years ago, being hit may have been a problem for the little dainty princess Hana used to be. Luckily, she had learned enough about her chosen path as a Shinigami to get over some of those old behaviors. Getting hit was the nature of sparring. If you never got hit, you never learned, so it did not bother Hana one bit. When Rei complimented her choice, a smile grew on Hana’s face.

“Well, thank you. I do appreciate that,” Hana said. Continuing the spar, Hana took the initiative to step it up a bit. She moved a little quicker, letting go of what felt like a warm-up and attempting a few more advanced strikes that she had been practicing. Her movements changed and became a little more fluid, but three different strikes came from Rei’s left, right, and then upwards from the floor. If at any time Rei looked overwhelmed or shocked, Hana would pull back and apologize, but she wanted to try and make the spar more intense for the both of them.

End Post
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:12 am
Rei wouldn't be overwhelmed. After her battle with the adjucha a few months ago there wasn't really anything that could overwhelm her in a spar. Unless of course someone much stronger than her were to release their sword then she may be presented with a problem. However, noticing the princess being a little more intense in her swings she'd smile as she would back up as each smack of wood happened.

She didn't like staying in one position when she was defending if she could help it. So she would keep herself moving as she kept backing away from the woman, but after Hanas last swing Rei would decide its her turn to get a little more offensive. She had been on the Blackfoot for a little bit now, so instead of continuing to step backwards she would steady herself for just a moment.

"Y..You're pretty good Hana. Seems like you were pretty quick to pick up on all the zanjutsu stuff huh?"

Rei would then begin her own assault of more advanced swings. Always aiming at the sword for now as she would try to push so that Hana could get the feeling of being overwhelmed. They were pretty evenly matched so it was difficult for either to truly overwhelm the other. However with Rei's series of attacks she was taking step after step towards Hana.
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:44 pm

Realizing she had launched a flurry of attacks at Rei, Hana took her final swing and then stepped back to give them both a respite. She had been focused on building her endurance in training, pushing herself to the limit until exhaustion set in, but this was a spar and she should be more respectful of her opponent. Taking a few deep breaths as Rei steadied herself, Hana offered a kind smile. "Thank you," she said. "I am really trying to improve my footwork and swings. I apologize if that was too much; you seem to have dealt with it just fine. I am envious of your stamina.”

Soon, Rei began her own assault, employing more advanced swings. Each strike met Hana’s blade, allowing both to practice blocking, attacking, and countering with the weight of each other’s strength behind every blow. It felt like conditioning. However, every step Rei took forward forced Hana to retreat. She maintained a specific distance, knowing her current skills weren’t sufficient for closer combat, where maneuvering would be more challenging. As the intensity increased, Hana started to feel the heat and moved her body faster. Her focus shifted from deliberate footwork to instinctive movements, making her actions more natural.

End Post
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:03 am
Rei would shake her head as she didn't need to hear an apology In a spar. There was no thing as too much unless a bone ends up broken or an arm comes off. As she would let her know it's fine she'd continue to try to press the woman.

"Don't apologize in a spar. We both know what we signed up for ya no? No need to apologize. Afterall I'm sure I'll land a bump at some point."

As Rei would realize Hana was getting more into the fight she would begin to struggle more. Each smack of the wood against each other was beginning to get more competitive. Seems when she gets in the zone she gets much better at seemingly everything. Rei would smile before she would also begin to work on her foot work.

"Remember, when you're getting pushed back you need to know what's behind you. The worst place you can end up in a fight is on your back".

Rei would speak as if she was training her. It was more that she was trying to share some wisdom she has learned since she's started in the gotei. Being on your back leaves you open, and if you hit it too hard can knock the breath out of you.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum