Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Empty Re: Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J]

Yesterday at 7:16 pm
Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 YBdW3Sr

BEETLE "06" YUUDESHI | FRAGMENT OF GOD

That stare...it didn't say anything explicitly, but Beetle had a feeling that there was something else going on in his head about her. She suddenly looked a bit more nervous. Did he...not like science-y stuff? It wouldn't be the most surprising thing, given that he was from the Sixth Division, and if everyone there was like him...they probably had sticks the size of the Sokyoku wedged up their butts too.

"Well, a little bit. But, it's just fascinating to me. All this time that we've been fighting these things, and yet we don't know much about their biology, so little that we don't even know if they have a binomial nomenclature. The...the thing that humans use to make scientific names for creatures."

Beetle shrugged lightly, though her face was still plastered with passion as she thought and talked about it. It was something she had started theorizing when she was on Earth after World War 4, in part of her wondering how animals, insects, and other non-human creatures could factor into a Hollow's nature and biology.

"I dunno, I just think that there's possibility for more to be there. There's some consistency, but classifications like Gillian and Adjuchas feel like only the start."

END POST | MERE MOCKING A HUMAN BEING
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Empty Re: Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J]

Yesterday at 8:56 pm
To J, all of that information was pointless. We knew what they did, how they were created, and how they needed to be handled. Going any further into what they are meant nothing for the world at large and would likely only “humanize” them to idiots who thought hollows had rights.

“What’s the point of looking into that?” J asked, raising an eyebrow at her. “I understand wanting to discover more about parts of the world, but why hollow? We know enough about them to make sure we can do our jobs. Effort further, especially about something like binomial nomenclature, would be a waste. Why not focus on ways to keep Shinigami alive or prevent hollowfication? Instead of the makeup of insect-based hollow.”
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Yesterday at 11:15 pm

On hearing that, Beetle stopped smiling. The fact that they understood enough to hunt them as a preventative measure was good, but the fact that some people thought that was good enough was...god, it was almost barbaric. It was like all they wanted to do was have an excuse to kill things. Then again, the Combat Division...

"That's exactly the point of looking into these things. There could be more differences between certain types of Hollows that we've never bothered to look into. They could even mimic entire species from the Living World. That alone could be a wellspring of potential for maybe learning if Hollows can procure their own types of diseases based on the creature they themselves are based on!"

Beetle huffed, bringing her hands to her head and gripping her hair tightly for a moment, before relaxing and sighing softly. Her smile didn't come back, but she certainly had calmed down. This was something she had been thinking about for decades, but she knew when to at least let the passion die down a little, so she didn't say anything she might regret.

"Learning about their biology could lead to all sorts of ways to keep Shinigami alive, potentially lead to a cure for Vizards, or even new information regarding the process of Hollowfication altogether! Those tiny little details all can lead into something bigger. Just knowing enough so we can butcher them is the real waste."

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Turn Tears into Hope [Beetle, J] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Today at 1:09 am
"Butcher?" J raised an eyebrow, incredulous at how blatantly ignorant this girl just revealed herself to be. If it wasn’t simple naivety, then she was a complete fool, and whatever respect J might’ve had for her vanished on the spot. The fact that she had the audacity to compare the work of Shinigami to butchers revolting. His expression darkened, glaring at her with unfiltered disgust, deeply offended by such a thoughtless remark.

"If you're naive enough to think Shinigami are simply 'butchering' hollows, then maybe you should return to Shino Academy and relearn the basics. We don't 'butcher,' we exorcise. Shinigami maintain the balance of the Soul Cycle, giving souls a second chance. But what you're suggesting? Studying their biology? Capturing and experimenting on them to sate your curiosity? That sounds exactly like the twisted nonsense I'd expect from someone like Mayuri Kurotsuchi. I suggest reassessing your focus."
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Today at 1:56 am

Right, exorcism, that was the word that they always used to describe what they did. A word that, coincidentally, never involved violence. A word to expel demons. No matter the culture, no matter the circle, "exorcism" was never used to describe dealing with something human.

"You're the one who said I should be focusing on ways to keep Shinigami alive and prevent Hollowfication. But, Hollows are the root of that idea, and could even be the answer! I'm not doing this for the sake of my own curiosity or just to experiment on them, I'm trying to see if there's something that we've been missing. We could be standing right on top of something that could even make maintaining the balance even easier, or maybe even cure Hollowfication as a whole!"

Mayuri. That name made her sick. So much that her eye twitched as she cringed at the sound of it. She wasn't like him. She wasn't doing this just for the sake of curiosity, she was doing it for the sake of making things better, to potentially solve issues and answer questions that could lead to breakthroughs none of them could have ever dreamed of. All Mayuri cared about was his own curiosity...and she wasn't like that.

...was she?

For a moment, a new fear flashed over her face as her brain wasted no time in thinking, the idea bouncing around in her head. The glare he gave her didn't help. Theories, reasonings, connections to various situations of comparison, her own mind was merciless.

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Today at 2:54 am
“Souls are the root of that idea, not hollow,” J sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had eaten enough at this point and rested, so he felt fine to just leave. The man stood up and dusted himself off, looking down at Beetle. “There are many other ways to keep Shinigami alive,” J said as he picked up two more of the snacks she bought and tucked them away in his inner pocket. “I am going to continue my patrol, Bug,” he said, zanpakuto in hand. “Be careful.” And with a shunpo, he was gone.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum