Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair]

Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:38 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Calliope had not been to the topmost office in the Vandenreich Headquarters. She had sent messages and runners there, but she herself had never been. After what felt like months of back and forth between their respective secretaries, an opening had sprung up for both her and her new boss. It had been too long since her last meeting with Alastair. Their last meeting had them talk about goals and the Vandenreich's image. It was just good fortune that he succeeded Cyrus as the head of the organization. All of those pre-printed posters hadn't gone to waste, and in fact, the recruitment and retention numbers were increasing.

Calliope was welcomed by his secretary who opened the door to the office proper and introduce Calliope. As if there was another in the organization with her style. "Grandmaster Eisfluch. I do admit it has a satisfying ring to it, don't you agree?" The words rolled off her tongue like a cat purring while basking in the sun. "I sure hope you do. Otherwise, if you change the position's title, that will be quite a lot of extra paperwork."

Standing in her neatly-pressed uniform, Calliope would wait to be offered the seat before sitting down. "I am glad that our schedules have finally aligned to get us to meet. Not so long ago, the only schedule we'd be battling was my own. My, how you have risen. Has it been a lot of sleepless nights for you since taking upon the role or are you acclimating well to the change?" Calliope had admiration and respect for the man she had met. Now it was time to see if this would continue into his leadership role.

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Left_bar_bleue0/0Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty Re: Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair]

Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:41 am
Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] NrZiWZE
ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | Grandmaster

"Satisfaction is not exactly what came to mind when I accepted the position, but I have no plan to change it. I cannot say the same for the rest of the Vandenreich."

Alastair had risen from his seat behind the desk as soon as the door had been opened, his own dress uniform as well-kept as ever though now adorned with the Grandmaster's pins instead of those of an Administrator. He was grateful that he had been afforded the opportunity to meet Calliope before all this had taken place, such a drastic change in circumstances doubtlessly affected how one might act in these situations as the power dynamic shifted. Watching her approach with a measured intent, he offered that brief rebuttal before his hand extended outwards in the direction of a waiting chair.

"I believe the sleepless nights to be a testament to the demands of the position. We have overcome many calamities and yet there is only more work that needs to be done, which is why I am glad that our calendars have finally permitted a proper sitdown." Though he spoke of restlessness, there was little indication upon his features. Alastair naturally carried himself with an air of perseverance, possessing a fiery drive despite the cold exterior, and it would take more than a little weariness to slow him down. "So, did you have an agenda?"

The Crowned Star | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty Re: Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair]

Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:07 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Calliope sat with one leg crossing the other. She was so very thankful this man had the ability to read the room. Even if they danced different dances, there was a rhythm to the dance floor that both meandered perfectly. Every word he spoke was humble, but confident. She'd toy with him, but only for amusement in the form of a joke. Alastair was not someone she could idly play with. Perhaps that was why he was one of the only people in the world she could say she admired wholly.

Calliope let out a breathless chuckle in response to his question. Who doesn't have an agenda? She was likely looking at the one man who didn't. "Only a brief outline. For starters, I have spoken with Administrator Kleinmund about the idea of moving the City of Lights, and she has informed me of speaking with you about the matter as well. I concur with the idea of moving the city as a whole rather than splitting it into sections. Unfortunately, the process of moving the city will cause damage. Although the city has the infrastructure to be separable, it has come to my attention that some real estate developments have gone over separation points. We will undoubtably suffer some financial losses as a result, but I do believe we can recuperate our losses by moving to North America and eliminating excessive transportation fees."

Calliope let out another breathless chuckle. "Ah, but I do get ahead of myself there. North America's west coast is, of course, where I would suggest moving the city to. When I spoke with Administrator Kleinmund, we, unfortunately, did not get to where the City may relocate to." Calliope leaned in slightly. "Do you have anywhere to suggest, Sir?"

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Left_bar_bleue0/0Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:47 pm
Rise to the Top [Calliope/Alastair] NrZiWZE
ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | Grandmaster

Alastair enjoyed that quiet chuckle, for it was what he had expected. Calliope had not struck him as a person who came to such meetings without a plan and he certainly enjoyed being proven right in this instance. As the conversation shifted to one matter over which he had asked for oversight, he was gladdened that the idea of moving the city was not entirely laughable. There would be challenges, certainly, but nothing that could not be overcome with a little hard work.

"Those that are seriously inconvenienced by this action will be the first afforded compensation. I trust that we will do our utmost to limit this disruption but, as you say, there are going to be cases that are simply unsalvageable. This relocation effort is a considerable undertaking and one that will drain the Vandenreich's resources, but we cannot afford to be frivolous with people's safety and security."

He thumbed a few buttons on his computer and the desk between them burst into life, displaying a map of the world with several locations circled and marked. This was a topic that he had already been deliberating on, so a visual aid might serve him best in covering the unique challenges each potential destination might face.

"The western coast of North America is certainly a frontrunner among prospective candidates, not only would it limit the distance we are moving but it is also a country in which we have already spread our roots deeply. There are several locations along the coast that we could opt for, and the Vandenreich has a strong relationship with the local government." Several of the markers lit up running the length of the western coast, though the map soon continued to travel eastward. "I believe the eastern coast would offer us little benefit over its western counterpart, but there is the possibility of looking further afield."

The display landed on Africa, with several hazardous warnings clearly displayed but also several locations highlighted along the western and northern coastline.

"Africa is a continent currently in disarray, in dire need of leadership and stability. Whilst it would be foolhardy to travel into the depths of the land, where our current outposts lie, it could be beneficial to provide a secure bastion to the region that needs it most. We have allies in Europe who would also be grateful for our proximity, and refugees are already making the perilous journey from the former Vastime commune to our sanctuaries both here in the city and across America."

The Crowned Star | END POST
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:10 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Calliope waited for each option to be presented. There were definite pros and cons to all of them. Some were impractical, such as the east coast of the United States. She didn't have to think on it. She had seen many of the same reports Alastair had. The decision was easy. "Aside from perhaps using the City of Lights as an oversized cork over the hole in the former capital of Vastime, I don't think Africa would be the best option." Calliope led her opinion with a joke.

"I agree with your assessment. The United States' west coast is the easiest and the best option. We wouldn't have to navigate nearly as far, and there is already significant infrastructure for a major population center. Also, the climate is hospitable for the most part. With most of our infrastructure built for tropical climates, I would say perhaps the southern California area is the best option. We're not exactly built for the winters of the Pacific Northwest."

Calliope thought for a moment. "And that brings me to my next point. The Vandenreich is the de-facto controller of the City of Lights. We need to make it so that our control over the city is not able to be questioned or, worse, usurped by a foreign entity. The United States is our ally, but I do not expect them to quietly agree with a city of this size being moved into their territory. And so, in the moving of this city I believe we should officially enshrine the Vandenreich as the official political, military, and legal arm of the City of Lights. And, perhaps, we will succeed better at this goal with some reorganization. For example, the Sternritter act as military police for the city, but perhaps the duty of the regular 'beat cop' shouldn't be handled by trained soldiers. Trials and such are handled more like military tribunals, and I don't believe that will result in the best examples of justice within our city. The average civilian should not be held to the same standards as a soldat. We should be allowing more civilian positions for the governance of the City. The world may still be a chaotic place, but we are moving past the point of ruling via military junta."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum