Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Empty Re: Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet]

Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:49 pm
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 VQTyaoJ

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Oh boy. He'd forgot that he never told her about that part of his life. In response to such a question, Vanyel's lips parted as he struggled to find a proper answer. So, with a sigh, he grabbed a towel from cabinet, wrapping it around his upper body.

"Yes...they are, but, it's more complicated than that. Let me get dried off and changed, then I can try and explain a bit better."

So, going back to the guest room, Vanyel quickly dried himself off and got changed, this time in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts. Dinner tonight was a pretty simple one, a garlic chicken and rice recipe he found online that he had taken a liking to as of late. Frankly, with how long they'd been training, Vanyel felt that both of them could use a quick, simple dinner.

As they sat down, Vanyel took in a deep breath, before letting out a sharp exhale.

"Okay. God, where do I even begin with this shit...? Well, to explain the answer from before...yeah, the yakuza are Japan's criminal underworld. But, it's not all so black and white, a-and I know that sounds really bad, but, just, let me explain. Well, I guess, first, if you've got any questions, probably should get 'em out now."

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Empty Re: Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet]

Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:11 pm
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 VIoletNew_Header18
Enter: Violet Gardner | The Recovering Runaway

Violet made an assumption and reached out to grab the towel. She didn’t pull, but she did tug at it. She didn’t want him to hide things from her anymore. Yes, towels were used for drying too, but he was putting it over his body, not his head. “Don’t take too long… I’m probably gonna over think if you do…” she said. It was a light warning, but a hint to her own confusion and nervousness.

While he went to change, Violet did too. She let her hair down and put on a t-shirt and shorts instead of the work out clothing. She came out and sat at the table before he emerged and began searching "yakuza" on her phone. 'Gang of criminals... violet... Code of honor?' Vanyel came out and began cooking dinner, so she took the time to just keep researching. 'Extortion, drugs... prostitution, human trafficking, murder... Code of honor. After a while, she just set the phone down and stared off into space. She wasn't sure what to make of... everything.

When dinner was done and Vanyel sat down, she hid her anxieties very, very well. She had questions, but wasn't sure how to ask beyond just blurting it out. "I... looked it up," she said, tapping at her phone. The internet was a hell of a tool. "The yakuza... Uh. Th-They do a lot of bad things; it just... It just doesn't... It doesn't seem like you... Especially the um... extortion and murder... or the prostitution... human traff-...trafficking... This isn't you. So... what the fuck happened?"

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:39 pm
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 VQTyaoJ

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Just as he was about to take a bite of his chicken and rice, Violet blurted out that she'd looked it up, causing Vanyel to freeze in place for a moment in a panic, before calming himself and taking a bite as she talked about the things she found. From what he knew, all of those were correct, the yakuza typically did a lot of dark things, ones that...probably scared her a lot, given her own experience with gangs. As she finished, Vanyel sighed, set down his chopsticks, and put his head into his hands.

"I was a...different person back then. I was a...fucking stupid teenager that stole wallets and scammed people while livin' on the streets. But, I got careless, and...ended up stepping in on Kudo-kai turf. Got the shit beat outta me and dragged in front of the patriarch. But, instead of killin' me...he spared me, took me in, and, just like that, I was part of the family."

Vanyel started to fidget with his hands, going from interlinking them to cupping a fist in one hand, his leg bouncing and shaking as he recounted this particular part of his past.

"I had a really short temper back then, and, since I also wanted to sort of...thank him for sparing me. I only ever did protection racketeering stuff, and, whenever people couldn't pay, I'd..."

Vanyel stopped fidgeting, suddenly bringing his arms around himself, his expression shifted to discomfort.

"...I'd beat them up. After a while, I just got more and more violent, I started putting people in the hospital, and...I knew that, deep down, I hated it. They started calling me 'Dragon of Kyushu' because of the tattoo and how violent I was."

Vanyel groaned, bringing his hands to his temples. It was why he swore to never set foot in Kitakyushu again. He knew that people would recognize him, and that they would hate him. There was also the possibility of gangs recognizing him, or, even worse, other yakuza. He could handle himself, but, if he ever went back there...he'd have to look over his shoulder the entire time.

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:58 pm
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 VioletNew_Header27

As Violet sat there and listened, she watched him closely. The fidgeting, the bouncing leg, how he held himself, when he pressed at his temples. His past really shook him; she could relate to that. So, he beat people up for money while part of a yakuza gang. He didn’t murder anyone, he didn’t do anything worse. He was a teenager. Violet finally took a bite to eat, feeling the knot in her stomach untie.

“The Dragon of Kyushu…” Violet glanced a little to the right, sort of over her shoulder as she remembered his Plush. In a way, she found that even cuter now, but there’s no way she’d mention that here. She took a deep breath, and audibly exhaled. “So, I… am right, then. None of that is like the Vanyel I know. The Vanyel that I know teaching me to cook and to fight… He rescued me from myself by not letting me get into a heroin habit, picked me up after flying to Japan, patiently nursed me back to health after that monster beat the shit out of me, and then insisted I reconnect with my friend… all without asking for anything in return. Face it…” Violet crossed her arms and shrugged. “I love the Vanyel I know, and there’s nothing to be embarrassed about with how far you’ve come.”

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:58 pm
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 TX0vSNm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

This part of his life was something he had been thoroughly prepared to take to the grave. But, here he was. While he waited for Violet to say something, he felt a bit of relief as she took a bite of her food. At the very least, she wasn't too freaked out or scared to not eat. But, rather than run away, tell him to get out, or chew him out, she...just started listing off all the things he'd done for her, causing him to suddenly find the wall to his left far more interesting as his face lit up.

...and there's nothing to be embarrassed about with how far you've come.

That made him turn back to face her, a bashful smile forming as he went to rub the side of his neck, before picking up his chopsticks again. He had been terrified that she'd lose it at finding out that he used to run with a gang that some considered even worse than the cartel. He didn't want her to think that he was like the people that hurt her. But...she didn't.

"...I'm just glad that you don't look at me any different. It's...it's not something I'm proud of, either the yakuza thing or the scars, but, I wanna show that I'm not that person anymore, that...I'm better now."

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:22 pm
Dawn's Disciples [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 4 VioletNew_Header27

"You've succeeded with that..."

Seeing his smile return was a relief. To have Vanyel be so worried about something like that… It clearly bothered him. Even if yakuza were the bad guys, she couldn’t see him that way. Not with how much he helped her, and not when she saw him smile. There wasn’t a single “bad” bone in this man’s body, at least not anymore.

'Wait...' An image of Vanyel dressed in one of his suits, jacket open showing off his tattoos, hair slicked back with too much gel, smoking a cigar, and holding a katana over his shoulder came to Violet's mind. A snort, quickly turned laugh broke the silence. Oh yeah, Vanyel being a yakuza just... made no fucking sense.

End Post
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum