Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty Re: Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel]

Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:32 pm
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 JldLRzK

SOLOMON RICHTER | THE ONCOMING STORM

"That should be my line, but now that I'm looking at you closely, you're the same man Violet showed me in her pictures."

Solomon lowered his hand as he exhaled softly, his gaze shifting between Violet and Vanyel before settling on the latter entirely. What happened? What brought on this unsettled mood? A whirlwind of questions filled his mind, but he maintained his composure. His questions would go unanswered if he chose conflict, and insofar as he appeared, Vanyel shared a similar sentiment. He set the present down on the ground beside her, a card with a heartfelt apology set atop it, and a gift beside it. Turning back toward him, he introduced himself appropriately, his mind awash with curiosity.

"My name is Solomon. And you are...?"

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:23 pm
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 5TSzLG5

VANYEL XIAOYANG

He could feel her trembling as he held onto her, trying to get her to calm down and snap back to reality. But, as the visitor noted that he was the one who saw the pictures Violet had sent a "Solomon" guy. This was him? If that was the case, then why did she suddenly start panicking when she saw him in the doorway? What happened when she left that suddenly made her afraid of him?

"Vanyel Xiaoyang. Violet's martial arts teacher, and a friend."

He looked back at Violet, keeping a hand on her as his expression went from cautiousness to concerned.

"C'mon, Violet, listen to me. Just...please, try and calm down. It's okay."

The expression was quick to revert as he looked back to Solomon, taking a glance at what he'd set down. A gift and a card? Was it some kind of apology? If it was, at the very least, he knew he'd done something wrong.

"What did you do? She was fine yesterday, then she comes back in the middle of the night, higher than a fucking kite, with a purse full of heroin. All she mentioned was leaving the house today, going to visit you, then losing her job and spending all her money on this shit."

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:34 pm
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Vi_PostingHeader13
Enter: Violet Gardner | The Rebellious Runaway

There was a part of Violet that wanted Vanyel to kick Solomon’s ass, but that wouldn’t solve anything. She was the problem here. She always was. Never strong enough, never smart enough, never skilled or talented enough. Just never enough for anything. Why she even tried was a mystery to her. If someone like Solomon could say it, then her Father was right and her life was a waste of everyone’s time. Everything that horrid man said to her was rushing through her mind.

“Why am I stuck with a pathetic girl like you.”

“Is this really all you could achieve?”

“YOU WORTHLESS CHILD.”

“At this point, I’m sure you’d do better on your back.”

“You will never be strong enough to do anything significant.”

“Such a waste…”

“Stop it…” Violet muttered, words barely audible. She reached up to her head and gripped her hair tightly, pulling right at the scalp. “Please, stop… Make it stop…”

End Post
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:46 pm

"What...?"

Solomon gazed at Vanyel dumbfounded as he revealed everything unfolding at the moment. Unravelling might of been a far more apt term based on what he told him. His gaze shifted back to Violet for a moment, a tinge of regret in his eyes. He knew he had come across harshly, but he didn't imagine it would invoke this reaction. In retrospect, he wouldn't have given voice to those words at all if they incited this form of emotion in her spirits. Turning back to Vanyel, he lowered his head as he reflected on the conversation.

"I suffered a few injuries after sparring with one of my peers in the Sternritter. I was promptly taken off to the hospital, and then Violet arrived in a panic. I assured her everything was alright, and then our conversation shifted to the possibility of her joining the Vandenreich."

His head rose, and his azure gaze faced Vanyel, directly looking him in the eyes.

"These were my exact words: 'Did you experience it? Are you strong enough? Do you truly think you would ever be prepared to die for someone else? To die in general? To see those around you in peril? To know that, no matter what you do, no matter how much will you bring to bear, all of it can be rendered meaningless in the blink of an eye the moment an immovable threat stands before you?' "

Revealing the part he possibly played in it, he shook his head.

"From my point of view, those words came from a place of care and compassion. I don't want that for her. I don't want that for any of my friends. If anyone should shoulder that burden, I'll let it fall to me."

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:38 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Vanyel listened to what the guy had to say, paying close attention to every detail he revealed. So, by visiting him, she was visiting him in the hospital or infirmary, and he had gotten banged up pretty badly -- but, yeesh, hospitalized from a training session? What kind of monsters was he sparring with? Nevertheless, it explained why she had been in such a rush when leaving yesterday.

But, then he mentioned that their conversation had shifted to her enlisting with the Vandenreich. Not exactly something he'd approve of, but, that was besides the point. But, then Solomon recounted his words, presumably exact, according to him. It could very well still be paraphrasing, remembering that mouthful wasn't exactly easy. But, more than anything, what he said was just...cold. Even if he didn't have the full context of the conversation, just that alone was enough to make him feel second-hand discomfort.

And that was supposed to be caring and compassionate? Sure as shit didn't seem like it to him. That, combined with whatever was said before, seemed to have been the powder keg behind this whole situation. Nevertheless, he needed more information, but, that would have to come later.

He'd get the full story eventually. But, with him being so close to Violet, he could hear her mumbling. Whatever she was hearing, it wasn't them. So, as gently as he could, he reached to her hands, attempting to uncurl her fingers and release her hair, all the while turning to look at Solomon.

"Don't have the full story yet, but, from where I'm standin', you're a fuckin' idiot. You made this mess, though, and now you're gonna help me clean it up."

Moments after the gruff, agitated words, Vanyel's expression softened as he turned to Violet, his own hands trembling as he slowly tried to bring Violet into an embrace. Maybe it was stupid to try and do this -- they'd only known each other for a couple of weeks at most. But, he didn't care. It's what she would want of him.

"I don't know what's goin' on in your head, but...it's okay. Breathe. You're stronger than this."

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Vanishing Act [Violet/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:58 pm

‘I’m trapped between them… I don’t even think I can move.’

‘I wanna go… I wanna run…’

‘Is there even a point? They’ll catch me…’

‘They’re not going to leave me alone…’

His voice came again. That disapproving, hateful yell, that always made Violet understand how unwanted she actually was. ‘Why can’t you do this one simple thing! It's basic!’

Violet felt a hand touch her own and snapped out of it. She quickly turned to look at Vanyel, eyes wide, tearing up, and shaky. She loosened the grip on her hair, but only at his guidance, as if she wasn’t able to do it herself. As Vanyel pulled Violet into an embrace, Violet didn’t fight him. She brought her hands to his shirt and clenched the fabric so tightly between her fingers that it probably tore it.

“No... I’m not...” she choked on the words, trying to fight off her tears by pressing her face into his shoulder. “And I understand now... I never will be…”

End Post
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:29 am

"Perhaps, but there are more important matters at hand. Save any insults you have for me afterward."

Solomon paid no heed to his insult. To some degree, perhaps he was correct. Of course, her condition was the only thing that mattered to him at the moment. He recognized how cold his words were, and to some extent, he couldn't deny Vanyel's words even with his best attempts.

Shifting his attention to Violet, he found it difficult to form a response as Vanyel assured her she was stronger than this. He didn't know what was going on, how his words had affected her, or if she even wished to talk to him - but he knew he wanted to see her cheerful expression again, even if that meant admitting his wrongs.

"What I said yesterday was not a strike against your capacity and strength, Violet. I know my words were harsh, and I wholeheartedly admit my words could've been phrased better, but I only want to protect you from the dangers that come from battle. I couldn't bear the thought of hearing you get hurt without my ability to control anything or face the possibility that you could die at any moment if you chose to join me. You are strong. Everything you've done up until now is proof of that..."

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Last edited by Iori on Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:44 am

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Even when he heard the fabric tear, he didn't pay it any mind. Worst came to worst, he'd have to get a new shirt. He just continued to hold her close, a hand gently resting on her head and stroking her hair. That seemed to be the root of the issue -- not being strong enough, not being good enough. He understood how she felt -- something that reminded him of the bad times in his own life.

"Breathe, Vi. Just focus on that. Even if you don't think so, you're a lot stronger than you realize. Ain't every day you come across a girl that can manifest a whole-ass scythe outta nothin', after all...or the fact that you're still here, despite the shit you went through in Mexico."

With a quiet sigh, Vanyel started to get to his feet, still keeping Violet close as he tried to get the both of them up. But, if she couldn't stand, Vanyel would just slide an arm under her legs to pick her up and move toward the couch in the common space, setting her down and sitting next to her, before turning to look at Solomon.

"Get her some water. She hasn't drank much of anything since last night. I would say to get her some snacks too, but they're sorta...everywhere, currently."

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:01 am

‘I HATE THIS.’

Violet did not budge, so Vanyel ended up picking her up. As they turned back into the house, Violet finally turned and looked to Solomon. He got to see her face, the look in her eyes. What he saw was a mixture of disgust, hatred, and terror, but it wasn’t directed at him, or any outward source. She had not shown her face since she hit the ground, and this brief reveal would likely be enough to shake him. Something old and dark seemed to be stirring in this broken girl.

‘It’s never going to change…

Violet was sat down and she stayed silent. She didn’t move much, her eyes moving around the room was about all the movement she expressed. When Vanyel told Solomon to do something, Violet looked over at Solomon. Her eyes were calmer now, but hard, and difficult to read. What Solomon saw in the once neat and clean house was a mess. Blankets, towels, and other random things were thrown in the hall, food, cups, bowls, and other kitchenware had been thrown about or moved.

‘I will get out of there…’

Violet suddenly stood up. “I’m going to the bathroom,” she said, before walking toward the hall and into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her. Both men would know there was a window someone as petite as Violet could fit hrough, but since this was her first escape attempt. Would they think of it?

End Post
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:53 pm

Solomon's hawklike gaze had never left the woman even as he followed Vanyel's command for water. Discerning her expression, he felt the pang of regret swell within his chest, reflecting on what he said that invoked such an emotional shift in her soul.

Solomon certainly recognized the mess of items sprawled across the ground. Among them all, he was able to find one snack of her choice that hadn't been crushed to bits. With refreshments in hand, he returned to set them down on her couch as he maintained eye contact with her.

When she requested to go to the bathroom, Solomon turned to Vanyel with a nod. He felt that he could allow her that much, but he wasn't entirely convinced that was her sole intention. Whispering in his ear, he voiced his thoughts quietly as she went upstairs.

"Based on the size of her frame, it wouldn't be impossible for her to slip out through the window. Pretending that I am unaware, you should be able to catch her at your level of strength and speed."

Moving to the couch, he would neatly prepare her blankets, set them across the couch, and let Vanyel make a decision first. It wasn't that he didn't trust her, but with so many elements in place, he had the small inkling that she had no interest in remaining here with them.

RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum