Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)

Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:36 pm
"Im not sure of her maiden name. She didn't talk about them a whole lot except telling me they were much more into the like. Old ways the quincy used to be like? From way back she'd say. Like still to this day she isn't the biggest fan of shinigami. However, she always made sure that she taught me the basics and not much more. Said she wanted me to find my own way, and decide things for myself."

Stella would speak as she was curious about her maternal family now. She wasn't entirely sure if they were big names or not, or if they were even still around. Pretty much everyone she met in the current vandenreich are pretty open to other races and sometimes even arancar. The only one she can think of that seemed to be from the older way of thinking, that she's met is Lukas.

She wondered where the woman in front of her fell. Was she someone from the old ways or was she someone that would be more like Stella is. Trustworthy and gives the benefit of the doubt to arancar and shinigami alike
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)

Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:06 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Well then how do you expect me to look up any information? Calliope tried to keep the frustration from rising to visible levels. She adjusted her jaw to assist in that. "Well, what is her name then? At least that might give a direction to search." The only reason Calliope didn't walk away at this point was nostalgia. Talking to Stella reminded her of a bright-eyed Quincy lost during World War IV. They had bonded over being on the outside of both fronts—they hadn't lost anyone to Demons, nor were they truly involved in Quincy society.

"If your mother felt a particular way about Shinigami, chances are there is a reason beyond family tradition. The fact is that most modern Quincy don't harbor the same adherence to tradition that we once did. They are more accepting and tolerant. So if your mother disliked Shinigami, it was likely a personal experience rather than generational trauma." Calliope did, however, leave out an important piece. It could be both."If you wish to form your own opinion on Shinigami, I recommend speaking to one yourself. The Vandenreich has a small population of their ilk. Akira Tairitsu is one I know of. The City of Lights is also home to more thanks to refugees and spiritual tourists."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:12 am
Stella would answer the first question as she could tell the woman was getting a little frustrated with her. She didn't like causing people problems so she didn't mean to ask something that may be really difficult. She'd look back down at the book as she would answer the question about her mother.

"Carla Baeur"

She would then look back up to the woman as listened to the rest of what she was saying. Doing what she can to show respect to the obviously higher ranking and more intelligent person than Stella. Honestly she felt a little inadequate in the presence of someone like this. She seemed to be so well put together, intelligent, and successful. She was a little intimidated by the woman as she contemplated the words about the shinigami.

"You're right. I'll probably try to start with Akira then go see if anyone else would be interested in talking to me about their time there."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Late Night Studying (Stella/Calliope)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:22 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Alas, the name did nothing to help in the immediate. Calliope did not know anyone with either of those names. She ripped a page out of a steno pad and passed it to Stella. "Write it down so time isn't wasted on a mis-spelled name." She thought for a moment. "And put down a phone number so someone can reach you when the results are in."

Calliope adjusted the book she was holding and took the finished note back. "Miss Bauer, it would be prudent for you to understand something else." With an open hand, she gestured to the library. "You won't find all of the answers you seek in a book. I commend you for choosing the library first seemingly on your own, but it's not correct to think that it holds every answer for the difficult questions you ask."

"Books are a recollection of experiences. Your best bet isn't to relive someone else's—if possible—and instead forage for your own experiences. My opinion on Shinigami, Hollow, Arrancar, et cetera will be different than another Quincy's. You may learn that to you, they can be trusted and relied upon, whereas I may have learned a different lesson." Calliope eyed Stella's uniform. At a glance, it gave her the information she needed. "You're part of the Vandenreich, and I would say there is no better place to experience humanity than here. The Spezialkräfte is probably the best place for you as well if you wish to heed my advice."

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:51 pm
Stella would make sure to write out her mother's name nicely. Making sure that it was easy to read, so that she didn't cause anymore trouble for the woman in front of her. As she listened and took in thr words of the much more intelligent woman, she closed the book she was in. Allowing herself to devote her full attention to the woman in front of her. As she listened to her speak she would nod quietly before wondering if that's what she was reading for?

Stella had originally came here with the intention of finding out the past of the quincies. She hadn't fully been able to work it all out, but reading had helped her. She had already made her opinions about a few of the other types of beings on the earth. However, insight was nice. She thought about it before speaking up respectfully to the woman.

"I was mainly reading to learn. I've had my fair share of experiences with others and have opinions already. I was just looking to learn the history of our people. So that I may understand the context of a few things."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:23 pm

Calliope R. Schwarzmann
Director, Albedochiffren

Stella seemed to be getting some of the point she was making, but not all of it. It was, admittedly, frustrating for Calliope. Not because Stella was frustrating, no. If anything, talking to Stella was like talking to a country bumpkin who had never seen a skyscraper. It was endearing even. But Calliope was no teacher. She was no scholar on the philosophical. She had her way of thinking and that was it. She based her own opinions on her experiences and not those of another. She didn't see what they saw—and more importantly, they didn't see what she saw.

"The history of our people is a contentious one. Some will claim we are free from blame and were unjustly massacred for the enjoyment of the Gotei Thirteen. Others paint a picture that we were problematic and our pride blinded us, but we did not deserve the genocide they brought upon us. And still others will proclaim that we are sinners and deserved the Shinigami's judgement—and that perhaps we still do." Letting out an exasperated sigh, Calliope shrugged. "But in truth, the detailed history of who we were shouldn't be of concern to you."

"You said it yourself—you want context, but I think you ask too broad of a question. Start with this," Calliope waved the paper up and down. "Once you find your answer there, then find what you want next. By the time you get to this information, your situation may have changed and you want different questions answered." Calliope's watch beeped. Frowning, she set the book back down on Stella's pile. "That is all the time I have free. I will make sure one of the Albedochiffren researches more into your mother's heritage, and they will reach out to you if they have any further questions."

"Have a pleasant evening, Miss Bauer." At that, Calliope did not offer any further sign of familiarity as she walked towards the exit. She had a meeting to attend and aspirin to take. But she did have hope that Stella learned something in this encounter. Not once did Stella say her own last name was Bauer or that she was unmarried. Calliope knew what this woman's name was, and it would be one she'd remember.

End Transmission

Tsubine's Character List
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:22 pm
Stella sighed as apparently another person she had managed to scare off. She briefly considered the idea that calliope simply didn't want to talk to her or something. However that idea faded as she thought about the woman. She probably would have just left if she found no interest in Srella at all. Sighing slightly she would return to her books as the woman walked away. Trying to take her words to heart.

"Good bye miss Calliope. Hope to see you again sometime."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum