Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ShadowZero
ShadowZero
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida]

Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:12 am
"You are certainly right about that, stranger." Diana calmly commented on the accuracy of the stranger's remark about how making one's home in the woods was far from the most comfortable way to live one could choose. Some types of media romanticized life in the woods as an idyllic routine of living off the land, indulging in natural beauty that city dwellers only got to see in old movies, in social media posts, or on postcards, and living in a self-reliant manner that went back to a simpler time. Diana thought that was all a bunch of nonsense, to put it lightly.

There was something to be said for having plenty of space to oneself and being able to walk in pristine woods that looked like something out of a nature painting, but there were also dangers and shortcomings that took the luster off of the rustic lifestyle. For one thing living off the land was dependent on the season and the availability of fruit and game animals to form the basis of one's diet and it went without saying that winter was a particularly tough time of year. Another problem was that the isolation meant that if there was an emergency medical services, law enforcement, or firefighters would not be able to get to one's residence for quite some time. A third problem was that sometimes being alone in the woods was not good for one's mental health... going too long without seeing another building or anyone outside the family made Diana feel like the trees were closing in on her.

"I have fought Hollows several times in the past. I fought them in Central Georgia as part of the local militia of the town I was staying in at the time." Diana informed the other woman that she had some experience fighting those creatures but did not fight them alone. She was far too weak to fight them by herself, so she gladly answered the call to arms whenever they tried to attack the town she was living in after fleeing from Columbus. Fighting to protect people helped Diana get over the worst of what had happened on the Remington property, but there were still twinges of regret that she could not save her family and home from the Hollows.

"Why do you ask?" Diana calmly asked the other person a question of her own. They were free to answer it or ignore it if they wished. Although she did not show any emotion on her face or voice the stranger's presence was a welcome one because having someone to talk to distracted her from the memories of this place.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida]

Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:20 pm
A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 JLWLOlT
REIDA RAY COPELAND

"Makes sense, most people around here've dealt with that some time'r another."

Reida was one of them, after all. She had plenty of memories of fighting hollows with her parents, her friends, her husband. She wouldn't ever have thought that those might one day be what she considered "better times," but here she was. Ah well, no sense in getting caught up in those memories. She had a point in asking, after all.

"Curious if you were lookin' to keep doin' it. Dunno if you've heard'a the Vandenreich, but they do good work. 'Round here and pretty much everywhere else on Earth."

Honestly, she was being stupid, directing someone straight to the Vandenreich. But she couldn't really help it. She still cared about the people there, even if she'd run. She still wanted to go back one day. And, in a way, maybe she hoped that someone would find her. Whether that was so she could go home, or just out of self-loathing, who could say?

END POST | HUNDRED PROOF MEMORIES
ShadowZero
ShadowZero
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:20 am
"I have heard of the Vandenreich, but I know only its name. I know nothing of its purpose, the extent of its reach, or anything else of importance." Diana informed the stranger that she had heard of the organization but did not know very much about it other than the name. She had heard bits and pieces of information as she had traveled across Georgia, but none of it was solid enough to go on. Perhaps this stranger could give her some actual good information that would help the blonde get a better idea of what the Vandenreich was and what it did. That remained to be seen, but for now the other person had Diana's undivided attention.

When asked if she planned to continue fighting Hollows the blonde did not have to take long to think about her response.

"At some point I plan to get strong enough so that I can become more proactive when it comes to dealing with Hollows. Always waiting for them to attack where I live might lead to another tragedy and I want to prevent that if I can." Diana stated that she did not plan to always be on the defensive. She wanted to one day take the fight to her hated enemy so that she could possibly stop more people from losing homes and family members like she had. However, she knew better than to think she could go from a novice Quincy to a capable huntress just by wanting it... Diana would need to put in the effort to learn the skills she needed to fight Hollows and survive the experience. Finding where she could learn those skills and someone who could teach them to her was probably not going to be easy, but she had plenty of reason to make the effort. Diana had learned as much as she could on her own and the novice Quincy needed help from someone else to get her modest skills to the next level.

Perhaps the Vandenreich had what Diana needed.

Or maybe the stranger could point her towards another potential source of training.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Meeting In The Woods [Diana/Reida] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:22 am
REIDA RAY COPELAND

"They keep the world safe. Protect people, deal with hollows. Whatever needs doin' to make sure life goes on without any big trouble. They were all over Africa for that big disaster over there. Kept it from gettin' worse, I'd say. These days they're workin to keep Italy from collapsin' after all the government problems."

Of course Reida was better acquainted than most when it came to matters of the Vandenreich's operations. She had, after all, been one of the organization's forces intended to make things work in less upstanding ways. She couldn't support their ambitions if she didn't know what they were.

Well, these days she was just a deserter. MIA as far as anyone knew. If she was lucky, though...this girl could be a good way to send a message home. Not like she'd had any other chance, or any other way to do it.

"If ya wanna see the world and fight Hollows, then that's the place to go. They're always hirin'."

ShadowZero
ShadowZero
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:08 pm
The stranger's explanation of what the Vandenreich did was simple and to-the-point, something that Diana liked. She appreciated the other woman not inflating the organization's mission from something mundane but altruistic into something grandiose like "imposing order upon chaos" or "pulling the world back from the edge of the abyss" or anything of that nature. While Diana was capable of understanding such turns of phrase, she liked it when people did not waste time trying to show off their intelligence of importance by thinking of the most elaborate way to say something. That was just Diana's preference, though.

When the subject of her enlisting in the Vandenreich was brought up Diana did not take long to come up with a question that she felt was important and needed asking. It concerned how long her service to the group would be if she ended up joining. Hopefully the stranger would not mind answering the question truthfully because that answer would play a role in helping Diana decide whether or not to enlist.

"Should I decide to join, how long would I be expected to serve? Do I serve for a set period with the option of re-enlisting if I choose or is it a lifetime commitment?" Diana inquired of the stranger. The question might make the blonde sound like she was averse to commitment, but if the stranger truly thought that Diana would just have to live with it. Joining the Vandenreich did not sound like something that should be done on a whim and the novice Quincy wanted to have all the facts so that she could make an informed decision before putting her name on the dotted line.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:30 pm
REIDA RAY COPELAND

"Mm, they ain't gonna lock you in place if you decide you don't like it there. I've known some folks that stepped away when they decided it wasn't somethin' they could keep doin'."

Of course, she supposed she counted as one of those people, but it wasn't exactly the same circumstance, now was it? Still, Reida was inclined to help the girl along to the Vandenreich if she could manage it. After all, they needed people right about now, and it was as good a way as she could think to get the message home that she was alive.

Maybe her life'd be in danger from sending it, maybe it wouldn't. Who could say?

"They're pretty accomodatin'. Long as you show up and wanna do the work, they'll make it work with ya."

ShadowZero
ShadowZero
Starter Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:57 pm
Hearing that the Vandenreich did not expect an irrevocable lifetime commitment from its members made Diana feel more at ease with the possibility of enlisting if she found the benefits of membership to be too good to pass up. The flexibility that the organization was said to offer members was another source of comfort for the blonde. While part of her was still a little skeptical that the Vandenreich would be that generous, she kept that skepticism to herself because the other woman was telling her everything that she wanted to know, so the conversation would remain civil.

"Thank you for answering that question for me." Diana calmly thanked the stranger for being so willing to answer her questions no matter how selfish or poorly worded they sounded. While the blonde was not going to sprint to the first recruiting office and join up the moment the two parted ways, she could not dismiss the possibility of joining the Vandenreich to start something that could become an actual career. While being a hunting guide put food on the table and kept the lights on, it was far from the most lucrative job around. Diana did not have a university education and she did not know the "right" people who could help her land a high-paying job in any industry, so her prospects were limited. She wanted a steady job, something that might give her a future that was not dependent on factors such as the time of year and the population of game animals.

Deciding to ask another question of the stranger, Diana decided to ask where to go if she decided that the Vandenreich was right for her.

"If I were interested in joining the Vandenreich, where would I go? Do they have enlistment offices in major cities or is there only one place where all recruiting is handled?" Diana inquired.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum