Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Left_bar_bleue0/0Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Empty Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu]

Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:32 pm
Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] 345xcexkzv7

A soft sigh escaped Noharu as she managed to make her way to a little shaded tree off to the side. The excitement of the training area now behind her as she had absconded following her surrender from the spar with her superior. A gentle, forlorn smirk played across her lips as she took a moment to think back upon the results themselves.

She'd been cocky, that was for sure. But perhaps more than that: stubborn. So focused had she been on rebuking the notions and ideas of the Third Seat of Fifth Division, that perhaps in some way, she had projected those notions onto Rangiku and made them her opponent. Noble as they were, her intentions to showcase the merits of non-zanpakuto skillsets on the unknowing sparring partner had perhaps been a bit foolish. Even now, she could recall how she'd conjured the expression of young, impressionable Ranma, who had , of all things, seemed to marvel at the power Shura had been able to wield in her bankai. All too easy, Students, and then, upon graduation: squad members found themselves consumed by their zanpakuto. Be that literally in some of the more extreme cases, or metaphorically as their pursuit feeds into nothing but hope and smoke.

But for all of that, ... yea. She definitely could havehandled that better. Smiling down at the bruises on her ankle, she couldn't help but feel she deserved the knocks she'd gotten from the fight.

"Guess I deserved that Huh. ." She chuckled, a sigh escaping her as she gently let her hand hover over the bruise. Applying a bit of rudimentary Kaido to treat the thankfully simple injury.
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Left_bar_bleue0/0Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Empty Re: Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu]

Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:06 am
Rangiku would have followed the blonde to the shade tree after dismissing the crowd that had grown to watch the spar. She would make her way over to the tree as she would see the woman looking at the bruises. The guilt she had felt now amplified as she sighed and made her way over. Hearing what she had said she'd put a hand on the blondes head ruffling her hair.

"You didn't deserve it. I let my bruised ego dictate how hard I was going. I sincerely apologize for the injuries you had."

She'd speak to the blonde as she looked her in the eyes. What she had said she fully meant, and even now the guilt was in ths back of her mind. Buzzing annoyingly as she knew it was her fault, but at the same time she just felt disrespected by someone she called friend.

"Can I just ask why? I don't think you were trying to come off as disrespectful."
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu] Empty Re: Pride and Promises [Rangiku, Noharu]

Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:36 pm

Noharu smirked slightly and promptly leaned back just as Rangiku reached in to tousle her hair, the hand slipping down her front instead as the agility of the third seat promptly evaded the attempted ruffle. A sly smirk floating across her lips as she looked over her shoulder. "What's crackin, RanGams?~" She ventured, smiling from ear to ear despite her loss. A dismissive wave offered at the apology. "This stuff happens~ Did it to myself really. Got a bit too caught up. Guessss it was just a little too comfy getting stuck under you, fuck aint been pancaked like that in a while!" She chuckled softly, folding her legs before that smile waned ever so slightly as Rangiku offered that question.

"I really woulda thought you'd figure that out. That Third Seat from Four. Really rattled my tits." She murmured, her expression shifting to a frown. "Talking about how important a Zanpaku'to is, about how Bankai is all that aughta matter. And even worse. I saw the recruits looking up at her with awe. About how damn cool her neat little Bankai was. S'why I wanted to beat her ass without even shikai. And I sure as hell did." She murmured quietly, resting her cheek in her palm as she closed her eyes.

"You know how dangerous a zanpaku'to can be when you aren't ready for them. I wanted to show em they don't have to rely so much on the damn things. so I admit. I've been even more hesitant than usual about mine." She pointed out before looking over her shoulder and smirking. "Also YOU aughta know better than to ask me to release, missy. This was a public match, and you know I don't like people knowing the actual name of my Zanpaku'to." She noted playfully, a sigh escaping her as she laid her head back against the back of the chair, Enjoying the shade Rnagiku provided by being close.

"S'ides. If I'm gonna be a Captain someday, I gotta work on my leadership skills. Being strong isn't everything. That's how you get those weirdos in Fourth. When I move up, its because I wanna deserve it. Not just because I won fantasy sword lottery." she noted quietly, folding her arms across her chest. She paused for just a moment and opened one of her eyes to look up at Rangiku.

"You okay? You've been acting weird this mornin, I didn't...do nothin in my sleep did I? Look I know I get a little handsy in my sleep, I'll just wear mitts or something next time we do a sleepover okay?" She noted with an appeasing smile.
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:27 pm
Rangiku would sigh as it seems they have fallen back into the teasing. Not that she hated it, but she would take a seat next to the blonde out of pettiness? Maybe, but was way more likely to be because the woman was tired after their sparring match. Sitting next to her she'd allow the woman to speak as what she said makes sense. Rangiku just overreacted atleast in her mind.

"Yeah, it's my bad I tried to force the issue. However, I think it's also important to lead by example. We should be able to do everything, and a great shinigami is able to do that. Some outliers here and there, but they should be striving to realize their shikais ya know? We should be striving to have everything. Now that one 4th members who comes her squawking about bankai only for front line is silly. They obviously didn't pay attention in the gotei history courses."

She would try to lighten the mood as she would pat the blonde on the shoulder. Enjoying her company more and more she'd let out a tiny huff. It does annoy her that there would even be someone from the 4th coming to the 8th trying to dictate what they do. That did annoy her quite a lot and she considered asking the captain about it but she just recently learned of it.

"Nothings wrong. Just honestly I think my egos hurt cause you're so awesome, but I'm your superior. Like truthfully I think that you deserve to be vice captain over me."

The woman would speak honestly with her friend. Hoping that she does take the moment to be a little more serious, but at the same time. It's Noharu alot of the time it's more comedic. Which in her way it's almost more comfortable of a presence than someone who was always straight laced. Like her previous captain.
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:32 pm

Noharu raised a brow slightly as she watched Rangiku settle down beside her, the gentle pat to her shoulder brought a lopsided smirk to her features and she sighed in resignation. "You have a point there I suppose. Lettin that Harpy get to me maybe aint the best of things. But frankly I think that things are a bit too forward. They don't need us encouraign them, theyre already salivating at that kinda thing. Not that I wanna stop them, but slowing their roll is important. Not to mention, being a little....cavalier about releases has never been my strong point." Rangiku would indeed be one of few people who actually knew what Noharu's real release phrase was. She was pretty secretive about it and even used a False one in most cases. Usually only muttering the phrase in secret or abstaining from using it thanks to her abilities with Bankai.

Even so, she perked up as Rangiku promptly offered he rown admission, and much to Noharu's surprise she was a bit caught off guard when Rangiku stated that she thought Noharu would be a more suitable Lieutenant. ]"Well I won't go digging at your judge of worth. But I should say that being a lieutenant is a lot more than just being stronger. Not that I'd go saying I'm outright better than you anyway." She pointed out, folding her arms over her knees for a moment before turning to face Rangiku directly, promptly giving a tap to the woman's chin, urging them to look her way as she sought to catch the woman's attention. For once, a calm, serious expression showing, one Rangiku certainly had seen often. But almost never in a private setting when it was just the two of them.

"Ran. I'm not gonna go arguing with you about who would make the better captain. Frankly that's Rose's job to decide more than ours. But I wanna be sure you aren't looking down on yourself. Being a Lieutenant is about being responsible, keeping a level head, and rounding out your captain. It's not just about strength, otherwise we may as well be Fourth Division. Our squad in particular has a creed for versatility. You have far more experience as a lieutenant, you have skills in places I don't, and Yer way better when it comes to speaking with other Squad officers. If you're thinking I have what it takes, its only because I've had you as an amazing example." She noted softly, that stern look breaking out into a very gentle smile.

"Besides, your Shikai is already crazy strong heh. LAst thing I'd need is you having a bankai to beat my ass with. And hey, if you're really feeling like I'm leavin you behind. I can make sure I pop in now and then to keep you sharp. HAve some more of these little bouts. I can even help you with your Hoho if ya like. Aint like I'm gonna complain about getting to spend more time with ya." She noted with a crooked grin and a wink.
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:04 am
Rangiku would look at her when her chin was tapped. She wasn't sure why she felt so comfortable talking to the blonde, but there were very few people she would admit any insecurities to. Maybe it was because the blonde had confided her feelings and situation with Yuuto with her just a day before. As Rangiku would nod listening to her finish speaking in full so that she could respond to the blonde.

"I don't think you're in the wrong for wanting them to slow it down. There is more to being a shinigami than as you said, the fantasy sword lottery. Though I can't quite blame their assignment. I remember what it felt like when Haineko had finally decided she wanted to talk to me."

In a more caring affection than Noharu had probably scene Rangiku showing her blade she would tap the hilt gently. Clearly she cares about Haineko despite how much of a bitch she really can be. She would sigh before leaning back looking up to the cloudy blue sky before continuing onward.

"I appreciate the kind words about me though. I don't usually go around telling my insecurities to people, so I know that were alike in that regard. So I think I can trust you with keeping this between us?"

Hearing the last bit the smile would appear on her lips again as she side eyed the blonde with a giggle. Had Rangiku swung the other way who knows maybe she would beat Yuuto to the punch one day. It was nice seeing Noharu be more serious when she felt like it. As she would hear the last bit she would nod in agreement.

"Maybe we could teach some of the newer members that a friendly rivalry can be a good thing to push yourself farther? As for Hoho I think I could use learning some more about it."
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:16 pm

Noharu paused for a moment at that and shook her head. "It's not always so exciting, Rangiku. When I first unleashed my Shikai, it wasn't as controlled as it is now. MY top promptly turned into razor wire, and I promptly shredded a fair bit of everything around me. IF someone had been nearby, I could have hurt someone, and thats not counting the self injury incidents..." She murmured softly, indeed some Zanpakuto were a hazard. Even so, Noharu smiled a bit and snorted at the question.

"Of course. I'd never go ratting you out like that. Besides, you got a fair bit of dirt on me anyway." She noted with a playful smile.

"That sounds like a good idea to me. But lets keep Shikai out of the spar next time. You know I don't like using mine. And as for Hoho, Uhhhh..." She raised her brows and glanced at the woman's chest. "I can see about giving you a few tips. May have to adjust some of my own....techniques to accommodate those though." She chuckled, lightly cracking her knuckles a bit before pulling Rangiku into a little hug. "Alright, enough of the sap. It's still the early morning. We both got stuff to do the rest of the day. OR well. You do. I've got a busy morning, but my afternoon is pretty clear. I'll see your pretty self around, yea?"
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:00 am
"Ah cmon you want to get out of my company that quick?"

Seems like her old lazier self was somewhat back at this point, but Noharu could probably tell it was in jest. Rangiku knew that they had to go back to work, but she did just genuinely enjoy the company of the 3rd seat. As she pushed herself up patting the grass off her shuhakusho. She would turn to the blonde offering a hand as she waited.

"I do agree that some shikai can be dangerous. I think I understand your point a bit better, and that the newer members shouldn't be rushing to just unlock their shikai thinking they'll instantly get an instant promotion. That's not exactly how it works anymore. Atleast now though they some sort of idea what their shikai will be since they get a very small sample of it with their base zanpakto. I remember not knowing what Haineko wad going to be capable of."

Rangiku clearly still enjoying the conversation and remembering her past before she became a lieutenant. She really did enjoy her first little while in the gotei. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world but most things aren't. Now her mind drifting back to the current where she thought about what paperwork she needs to do she'd sigh. She was enjoying having company, but it appears that may be coming to an end.

"Well, how about this. Since we have some work to get to today once we get to a day off we'll take that bar trip we talked about? We never got to make it there, so as far as I'm concerned you still owe me one."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum