Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 Empty Re: Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle]

Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:15 pm

Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 JTUpzIU
Candice Catnipp | Heiress Extraordinaire

Candice didn't pull away from the embrace, but she didn't lean into it either. The blonde remained stoically unmoved by the display of affection, letting Giselle wrap her hands around her own but declining to engage any further. That emotional distance was perhaps the greatest tell of how truly upset Candi was, for she was always the type of woman to wear her heart upon her sleeve. Her partner would know that she ran as hot as a volcano most of the time, quick to fly off the handle but equally swift to recover, and yet her spark was truly dampened in this moment.

She wanted to be angrier, to kick and scream and get her way by force if need be, but that electrifying fury just wouldn't come. It might seem like apathy but, for Candi, it was anything but. It was the revelation that she had cared too much. That she had left herself exposed on the belief that this was assured and ended up getting burned. The great and mighty Candice Catnipp had overreached. Failure and rejection were not things she took any pleasure in, but she could handle them. Though she would never admit it, she fully understood that even she was not infallible. But this cut her deeper than that, and, as Giselle piled on the hard truths, she let her shoulders slump as she slid from the saddle of her high horse.

"So it's me then? I should have known." Maybe I always did.

With that cryptic statement said, Candice began to wiggle her way free of the grip. She didn't immediately go for full force, perhaps wondering if Giselle would choose to give her space or not, but even now she struggled to be entirely gentle in her actions. Regardless of the initial outcome, the potential scuffle was interrupted by the sound of the door buzzer - the arrival of their aforementioned feast. For a moment, Candi paused, and then found a portion of her former strength to push them apart with certainty. Those emerald eyes had lost a little of their lustre, though, any trace of a smile vanishing as her lips curled into something closer to a sneer of contempt.

"I'm gonna get some air. If she comes out, tell Heff she can take the pizzas to go. Or stay. I wouldn't want to assume."

Electrifying Execution | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 Empty Re: Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle]

Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:32 pm
Having Your Cake [Candice, Ehefra, Giselle] - Page 4 HEADER_sample-e74050f279e6594fca7875118daffce4

Hm.

She sighed softly and watched as Candice retreated into that mind palace of hers. To stew and stir within her own internal woes and suspicions. And when she finally spoke up, Giselle couldn't help but sigh. She clung, holding on for just a few more seconds, hugging her tightly, before finally letting Candice peel free, and shaking her head. "Only she'd be able to tell you if that's the case. your guess is as good as mine." She noted softly, and paused as the buzz rang in.

Yea, it sucked. and watching as Candice strode off with that parting snarl. Her eyes slowly drifting to a close as she folded her arms. Well, this was bound to have happened one way or the other. Wether she had initially resisted this new person in Candices life, or now. And some small part of her did wonder if she should have just put her foot down. At least then, she'd be able to take the blame for Candice's unhappiness. That at least, would be better than seeing Candice making herself suffer like this and shoulder all the blame herself.

Closing her eyes, she let out a soft sigh, rubbing the back of her head and heading to the door to snag the food. She wouldn't be able to talk to Candice for a while, not till the woman had a bit of time to "cool off". Until then, she'd see about checking in on Kleinmund.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum