Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] Left_bar_bleue0/0Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] Empty Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha]

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 pm
Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] L4nec533g94

Wasn't often he came to this part of the city. It was ... nice. Quiet at that. Not quite rural, as he had gotten used to. But a bit less cramped than the other sections of the city at the very least. As he walked down the streets, if nothing else...he could enjoy the quiet and the break from the usual noise. The vandenreich had some spaces that were a bit more quiet, but it was still nice to find places like this.

But well... he didn't come here just to enjoy the silence. He'd texted Natasha to see if it was alright if he stopped by. She'd seemed enthusiastic enough, and a little smile crossed his face as he recalled the enthusiastic response. Once he found his way to the house itself, he took a soft breath and sighed, pausing as he found himself hesitating for a moment, before finally giving a gentle knock on the door, to let her know he'd arrived. A container tucked under one arm.

He wasn't gonna just go inviting himself over empty handed after all.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] Left_bar_bleue0/0Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] Empty Re: Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha]

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm
Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] GErtDg6

NATASHA MILLER | HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER

It went without saying, but Edelo was always welcomed to visit her home whenever he notified her ahead of time, and sometimes, not even that. She had been meaning to catch up with him after he visited her, anyway, so this was perfect. Casually fitted within a spacious white shirt and black leggings, Natasha greeted the man of the hour at the door with a grin.

"Howdy, Del! Long time no see, sugar. Come on in and make yourself at home, will ya? I'm whippin' somethin' up in the oven to repay the favor for that homemade mac ya gave me a while back. Take a seat and make yourself comfy."

Indeed, the first thing that might dominate his sense of smell was the sweet aroma of pie baking in the oven. She was always preparing and cooking something nowadays, even more so with the new guests she'd permanently welcomed into her household, but she'd prepared this one ahead of time especially for him.

END POST | ALL IS WELL, SAFELY REST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm
Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] L4nec533g94

Edelo couldn't help but blink a few times when he was greeted to such a casual sight. The woman in just some plain white shirt and leggings. And somehow the woman didn't even look weird in the slightest. She looked to be in her natural habitat. A pause as he looked past her into the home and gave a sheepish little smile.

"Oh! Ahah, well sorry to say but I'm afraid I'll have to say I brought food again." He noted, holding up the package from under his arm and giving it a tap. "I brought you some sausage bread. Didn't wanna come over to your house empty handed." He chuckled, stepping inside as he was guided inside. He paused for a moment and took a moment to make note of the smell, glancing into the kitchen. Ah, a pie, looked like it was coming along nicely too.

"Sorry to surprise you this late in the afternoon. I was hoping to catch up a bit, see how you've been doing, I know you guys in the Sternritter have been pretty busy lately."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm

"Careful now, Del. Too much of your homecooked meals might lead me to put on a couple o' pounds. That said, Sausage Bread sounds way too tasty to pass up. Well, In return, I'm bakin' you a nice blueberry pie."

Exchanging playful banter with her guest, Natasha chortled softly as she took a moment to overlook the pie in the oven. Since it wasn't ready quite yet, that gave her ample time to host a conversation with the man, motioning for the man to take a seat at a well-kept table in her living room. When he found a proper seat, Natasha would join him at the table, though not before offering to pour him a nice cup of ice-cold sweet tea.

"Ain't nothin' wrong with surprise visits in my book, sugar. Don't you worry your lovely sweet little heart about that. I'm glad ya took the time to visit little ole' me. It has been true that we've been pretty busy, but that sorta thing comes with a job that demands that you be on the frontline day in and day out, I reckon.'

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm
Small Steps [Edelo, Natasha] K739c3llpo7

He couldn't helpt but snort a bit at that. "I don't know about that, I've seen how much energy you can put into a spar." He chuckled, certainly the amount of sheer power the woman had behind her was a little astounding at times. Still, he promptly slipped into the kitchen with her directions to find a place to set it down for the time being, no doubt she probably didn't wanna eat while the pie was still in the oven. Once that was done, he gladly took a seat and accepted the cup of tea, taking a slight sip before smiling at her assurance.

"I know I can always rely on you to appreciate this kinda thing. I admit, I'm still gettin used to city life. Gotten a ..lot of confused looks when I try to be hospitable or show good manners." He rubbed the back of his head and gave a sheepish smile. Honestly it was one of the reasons he liked checking in on Natasha, it was like being home again, in a sidelong kinda way.

"Still, I was reminded it's been a while, I think I saw you at a sporting store the other day, Course her hair was a bit different, so I only figured out a moment later that it wasn't you. But still, It reminded me that it's been a bit. How did your recovery go? Hopefully nothing lingering?" He ventured. Certainly wounds healed, but he did know that some could still ache if they were nasty enough.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 pm

"Of course, I have a real' soft spot for gestures like these. Back in my hometown, me and ma' would exchange dishes with our fellow neighbors all the time. It was always somethin' of a nice lil tradition between the two of us, and since she worked in a diner for a livin', she had always had plenty of food to share."

In fact, Natasha was always reminded of her home herself whenever he took time out of his day to gift her with a delicious home-cooked meal. It was a damn shame others couldn't appreciate good ol' fashioned hospitality. That was, quite honestly, one of his most endearing traits. There was something to admire about adhering to what his lovely mother, Leisa, raised him on. Reflecting on his mother for a moment, she wondered how that lady was doing. She still needed to go and take her up on those self-defense classes. Refining her martial prowess again sounded like it'd be fun, too. Pouring a cup of tea for herself, Natasha blinked softly as she chuckled. Thought she saw her, huh? Sports Store... Huh, had Jolie been wandering around the City of Lights? Or did she have a twin she didn't know about?

"Well, first things first. Recovery went great. No real lingerin' effects here. Of course, a more recent battle saw me gettin' burned mighty fiercely, but they've healed as well as they reasonably are movin' forward. Apart from that, I'm still rearin' to go. Only thing that'll keep me down is if they break my arms and legs! Haha! Anyway... I think you might have... saw my sister. Maybe. Either that or I've got a twin somewhere around I know nothin' about. How've you and your mother, been, Del? Life been treatin' you well, I hope?'

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:40 pm

Edelo perked a brow and chuckled slightly as Natasha explained how she'd been doing. "Glad to hear that. I've spent too much time visiting people in the hospital as is." He sighhed softly, certainly a few of his coworkers had wound up in one with recent operations, so he was very pleased to know that she had been recovering well enough from the injuries she'd accrued.

However, at the mention of her having a ...Sister? He blinked in surprise and halted for a moment. "You have as sister in the City? Huh, I'll have to see about saying hello next time I see her." He mused, after all it would be interesting to see what the other Millers were like. A pause as he had the question turned his way, smiling lightheartedly as he did. "I've been doing ...alright. Things have been a bit on the slow side. With things going on in Africa, I've not really been called on much for my usual work. But I've managed to remain pretty free of injury aside from a few cuts and scrapes." He pointed out, pausing for a moment as he took another sip of the tea.

"If you don't mind me asking, Nat. What would you say my strengths are?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:07 pm

"Strengths, hm?"

Natasha pondered his question the moment he posed it, only for the oven's signal to ring, informing her that the pie was finished baking. The aroma of that bad boy would've told her that alone, but it was always good to have systems like this in place to remind her, especially during busy hours in her household. An upraised finger was pointed in his direction, a voiceless "one moment please" gesture before opening the oven and grabbing the pan as though it were an act as natural as breathing.

Did it burn? No kiddin' it did, but compared to suffering under the volcanic maw of an abnormal hollow, it didn't faze her at all. Of course, part of her now only realized how it wasn't the cutest or most charming image, but it was too late to worry bout it now. Turning back to him with a grin, she set the pie to the side to let it cool off as she redirected her focus back to the conversation.

"First and foremost, I think yer callin' card for strength is that impressive martial prowess of yours and yer ability to react and adapt in hand-to-hand combat. I reckon those probably aren't the finest answers, but then, I think you're pretty capable as a fighter and a cut above the simple ol' footsoldier. Our last fight was a prime example of you showin' off what ya can do when pushed to the edge. Like that cool little wind cuttin' momentum trick ya do with your kicks. Why do ya ask, sugar?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 pm

Edelo perked up slightly as he noticed her turning her attention to the food. An understanding smile and a nod as she turned and headed into the kitchen. Pausing to glance briefly at his phone before glancing through the wall to try and sneak a look at the pie itself, curious what it was she was cooking. It was, of course at that moment when she bent over to pull it out of the oven that he jolted.

"Whoa! Hey there!"

He was suddenly next to her as he promptly snagged the pie from her grasp. A crackle of green flames along his ankles and palms as he used bringer light to snap into the room right next to her and then promptly drop the temperature of the thing itself to a safe temperature, quickly setting it to the side and peering at the woman's hands. "You okay?" He asked, a bit of concern in his voice. Even if she hid the pain, he could still see that it was damaging her palms and causing her discomfort. And if she allowed him, he'd promptly take her hands, his own chilled with a shift of icy air, before gently grasping hers, getting a washcloth, freezing the inside of it, and gently wrapping her hands.

Tch. He really needed to see about learning some sort of healing skill. He'd seen some of the emergency medical squads in the Vandenreich, perhaps they could teach him a few things about this stuff. Certainly, the ability to SEE the injuries his comrades often picked up was a little rattling. It would be nice to be able to do something about it.

Still, her perked up as Natasha went into a little of her opinion on his strengths. A slight nod of his head as he ... sat down across from her and seemed to ponder what she'd said.

"I admit. I've been thinking about changing divisions for a bit now. The Todgestalen is .. you know. It's nice and all. But well, it feels a little outside of how I'd like to operate. And when it comes to the bigger operations, it doesn't seem like I'm called on as much." He noted, shrugging just a little and smiling. "I know you're a coordinator, so I figured I would see what you thought."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:40 pm

"Whoops. Sorry sweetheart, didn't mean to worry ya. I recognize I should've fetched a pair of oven mitts, but I thought I'd be a little bold and test my heat endurance'."

Natasha didn't mind him tending to her hands one bit. She was far from the type to stubbornly deflect assistance from others now, so little was her resistance when he chilled her hands and wrapped them up. When he finished nursing her hands, Natasha returned to her seat at the table. His next words elicited a small hint of surprise in her countenance as she raised an eyebrow. A division switch, eh? Well, on one hand, she couldn't quite say she was exactly shocked to hear this.

Edelo was a good man with a good head on his shoulders, and while she didn't judge any of the Todgestalten members, they didn't exactly strike her as friendly people to operate with, most of them at least. Even moving beyond members, she wondered what the top brass's feelings were on Edelo. Was he worth those bigger missions or destined to permanently occupy the position he did now? How did he feel about the division as a whole? Plenty of questions sprung to mind, but she wanted to provide him with an answer he could respect in the grand scheme of things. An opinion to mull over.

"Well, first and foremost, think long and hard on where ya wanna go next. That stuff's real important. Far as my advice on the matter... I admit I'm not exactly surprised about that. The way they run things... never quite struck me as the type of stuff you'd like to operate in, ya know? Subterfuge, working from the shadows, the other grisly stuff they have to resort to. That is to say, I think ya ought to consider movin' elsewhere if ya feel yer current division is holdin' ya back, pumpkin. I admit I think of you as a more hands-on combatant who fights the enemy directly. If ya don't mind my askin', where've ya thought about transferrin', honey?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum