Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue24000/10000Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (24000/10000)
Tiers:

Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Me? [HIME]

Sun May 28, 2023 3:36 am

Just a Boy

"I don't think you could get these Hollows the moment they show up." Aidan doubted openly. "They seem to kind of just... appear out of thin air." He knew they could in fact just do that, he wasn't totally uncultured and Hollows were sort of just a thing that anybody could learn about in school or on their own time at this point, but he also had no way of really describing how these monstrosities came and go so regularly in this part of town.

That didn't matter though, as Natasha seemed immediately willing to take him up on his offer to treat her to a bowl of ramen. "Yeah I was just on my way to work there. Was out helping a friend today beforehand, was all." Turning and motioning for her to follow, both of them a short walk away. Even with Natasha at his side, he couldn't help but feel noticeably tense in anticipation of another attack. Just the knowledge that he could be attacked at any second was making him all sorts of anxious and worried for his own life. But with a member of the Vandenreich at his side, surely he'd be okay still, right?

A few more blocks and they were in Karakura proper, and then once they were there it was a straight shot to the restaurant he worked at. "How long have you been doing this sort of thing? Saving people, I mean." Was that even her direct job? Or was the Vandenreich more militaristic than that? Aidan had no clue and that showed, but to be fair it had been showing from the moment he had met Nat. Another block passed, then another, and already the sidewalks were starting to fill with busier and busier crowds. But as long as Natasha followed Aidan, she'd be able to weave through the crowds totally fine just like he did.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun May 28, 2023 5:29 pm
Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 GErtDg6

NATASHA MILLER | HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER

"Wonderful! Guess I'll be followin' yer lead then, sweetheart."

Offering a leisurely smile in response to that acceptance, Natasha would follow the young man's general direction as they walked side by side. She recognized his occasional glance, but paid no mind to it. It was very likely that he was still coming down from the mental whiplash of seeing a supernatural texan quincy coming to his rescue against a lumbering hollow that chased him down. Some humans were use to such sights while others still regarded it as far from the norm. There was no proper way of introducing the spiritual side of the world from Natasha's point of view. It was still so much for her to take in even now, especially with that abnormality in Africa.

"Years. I've been on the frontlines for as long as I can remember, even before the Vandenreich. I use to serve in a division in the army tailored to those who possessed extraordinary supernatural talent. It's kinda' second nature to me at this point, ya' know?"

END POST | ALL IS WELL, SAFELY REST
The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue24000/10000Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (24000/10000)
Tiers:

Tue May 30, 2023 1:15 pm

Just a Boy

"I can't relate but I still know what you mean." Aidan replied, still sounding a little out of it from his near death encounter. Years though... Just that statement alone prompted so many more questions in his mind. He really didn't want to just interrogate her, but Aidan couldn't help but be curious. Before he could ask anymore questions, they both arrived at the ramen shop he worked at. "Just head inside and take a seat, I'll be out in a second. Menus will be there when you sit down." He offered with a small parting wave, and sure enough a minute or two after Nat took a seat, Aidan would appear on the other side of the ramen bar, now sporting an apron.

"Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, by the way." He said back to Nat while he was at a sink washing his hands. "Not every day you meet someone with powers like they talk about in the news." Drying his hands with some paper towels, tossing them away, and then immediately heading over next to his boss to mutter something about what needs to be done before heading back over to start chopping up some veggies before calling over his shoulder to Natasha, "Just let me know when you're ready to order, I'll whip it up for you real quick."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Me? [HIME] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue May 30, 2023 2:17 pm

"Not many people would, I imagine. Every now and then, I reckon I wouldn't of have minded bein' an average human with basic spirit sense, preferably livin' out my days with a simple job. Maybe a nice housewife with kids."

Natasha certainly understood the inability to relate. From his perspective, she was unlike anything he was normally accustomed to - if his reactions were anything to go by, she was a rare sight in the type of life he seemed to live. A life she somewhat envied, truth be told. Following him along until they reached the ramen shop in question, she was already plotting out her food choice as she entered, further enticed by the aroma assaulting her nostrils. Dismissively waving her hand in response to assuage his worries, she offered a leisurely smile as she took a seat, browsing through the menu with a curious gaze.

"Don't worry about it, darlin'. It feels pretty nice. Makes me feel like a good ol' celebrity. Ask as many questions as ya like'."

The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:35 am

Just a Boy

If she didn't mind it then Aidan wouldn't feel too bad about it. Still a little bit guilty, but would he really get another chance to see this woman or anyone like her? This might be his only chance. While he hated to think of it like that, Nat was nice enough to actually answer him, and that sort of enabling definitely didn't help matters.

"Well, if you say it makes you feel like that, then..." Boy humming with a brief pause. It wasn't that he needed to think of questions to ask, just decide which one to ask next. "Have you always been able to do stuff like that? Or did you have to learn about it first?"

Aidan asked his questions while casually chopping up green onions in bulk, then stepping over to dump them in an empty basket for later. They'd need those as toppings, but he still went back to chop more up so they could add it to the next batch of broth they started working on. The small little shop was well kept and had a sort of rustic japanese design to it for style. Though there were visible cracks in some of the walls and furniture from age, it all held up fairly well. Aidan and his boss spent a lot of time making sure everything just worked, and judging by how he dumped the freshly chopped green onions in a fresh pot for later and immediately went on to dicing up onions, it was clear that care extended to the food and their forward planning as well.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:42 am

"As is the case with most abilities concernin' the supernatural, I had to learn it first, sugar. Much like yer average human, most ain't aware of latent ability till' they go tappin' into it. My old man offered the choice to learn the skills of my heritage, and I happily obliged."

It was a simple question, but one Natasha found little issue in answering. She supposed no one really knew what abilities they possessed until they actually explored it for themselves. There were naturally tens of thousands of humans who would only ever peak at spiritual awareness, but there were certainly countless others teeming with potential to transcend that, reaching into a realm of metaphysical talent heretofore unearthed. It was an interesting subject, to be sure, but she held no particular interest in striking up that conversation in a setting like this. Poor fella' was still probably pretty overwhelmed overall. No need to add to it. Glancing down at her menu, Natasha finally came to a decision on her selections on the menu.

"I'll take the best ramen ya have on the menu, sweetheart. If it's not too much to ask, can I get a few appetizers to go along with that. I'm starvin'."

The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:50 am

Just a Boy

Aidan's boss looked over at him at the mention of appetizers. They really didn't have anything like that, but he just mouthed to his boss 'I'll handle it' and began immediately working. It was a ramen shop so there was only so much they had or could do, but they did have rice on hand and plenty of meat, so all it took was a scoop of rice, some soy sauce for flavor mixed into it along with some freshly cooked diced beef, green onions, and sesame. It took maybe a minute of swift work before the appetizer was set in front of Natasha in a small bowl, enough to keep her satisfied while Aidan immediately got to work on her actual food.

"Average human? Like... anybody could do it, you mean?" Now that got his attention real fast. Just hearing that gave him all sorts of ideas. The kind you'd get as a little kid daydreaming about being a superhero. But he wasn't thinking of it for the fame, but rather the freedom. To get away from this mundane life, to do literally anything else. He couldn't help himself, especially given he had these fantasies almost daily at this point.

By the time she was done with her meal, Aidan was placing a bowl of their finest tonkotsu ramen in front of her, chopsticks and all, and giving her the usual bow of respect but perhaps a little longer given the much more genuine respect he had towards the woman who had saved his life. "The best food for the person I owe my life to." He offered with a genuine smile. "Let me know if there's anything else you need and I'll get it for you in a flash." But there was just the slightest hint of distraction as he turned back around, staring off into space as he went back to chopping veggies and making sure everything was prepared ahead of time.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:27 pm

Receiving the offering of a makeshift appetizer with a warm smile, Natasha grabbed a pair of chopsticks and worked away at her first meal, a soft "mmm" a clear indicator of her opinion on its taste. Pretty delicious. Another question followed, earning a playful chuckle as she pointed her chopsticks in his general direction. With enough time and focus, she supposed it wouldn't be entirely likely for a human to develop some semblance of supernatural skill. Hell, most of em' were spiritually aware as it stood anyway.

"Almost anyone. It'd take a while, and I highly doubt it's somethin' that'd happen over night, but I reckon it is possible with enough effort. Effort's the keyword here."

Staying true to her words about her appetite, she finished the meat and rice bowl with, sighing happily as her main course arrived. A bowl of Tonkatsu ramen accompanied by a genuine bow of respect. The bow was enough to earn a genuine blush across the woman's cheeks as she rubbed the back of her head, clearly flattered by his words.

"Aw shucks. Yer' makin' me blush, sweetheart. I'm honored, truly."

Grabbing her pair of chopsticks once more, she softly blew against the steaming bowl of ramen before slurping some of the broth-soaked noodles through her lips, her approval once again vocalized through an impressed and satisfied noise.

"This is really good! With food like this, you might be seein' your savior a lil' more often, Aidan." She quipped, half-playful, half-serious. This food was pretty delicious.

The Cat
The Cat
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:42 am

Just a Boy

Making other people happy was all Aidan really needed in life. For all the fantasies he was currently entertaining, the grand ideas of having powers like Natasha and saving people like she had saved him, he really didn't need all of that. Just seeing her smile and actually enjoying his food was all he needed. It was as simple as that.

"Effort... Alright. I'll figure it out, then." He casually said like it wouldn't be that much trouble. Whether or not he'd actually do it though was another question. But even thinking that in his own head, he brushed away his own worries by just repeating that over and over again. He'd figure out, he'd find a way. If almost anyone could do it, then surely that didn't rule out him? Someone so regular as him surely didn't swing one way or the other in terms of being especially able or unable to discover some kind of power within themselves.

"Oh, you're welcome to come by any time. Though I can't foot the bill every time, you'll always have my gratitude and a steaming bowl of ramen ready for you whenever you come by." Aidan happily telling her over his shoulder. The young boy couldn't believe this was all he could give the woman right now, but if she wanted more, there was definitely plenty that Aidan would be happy to serve in his eternal thanks for her saving his life.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum